So, I finally caved…

Thanks, @RBM.
Last couple of questions, will the display work with a hat, and how much power would I need to feed the pi in order to power a hat an the touchscreen?

There is a list of compatible HATs on the Ropieee website.

Brilliant, thank you! Looks like I can start tinkering in the coming days. Three pies in my home network just aren’t enough… :sunglasses:

1 Like

I use the RaspTouch Case:

It also features a power button, which triggers the system to turn off and cuts the power afterwards. But it is also more work to put it together (hardware, cabling and software) compared to other cases.

1 Like

5V/3A should do it.

Happy tinkering!

1 Like

Ouch thats quite a whack price wise and really only worry it if you must have a built in amp or DAC hat like DigiAMP+ etc…I think my case modded element14 case was 10% of that and while needed some cutting is just as functional.

here is one I did in an old Sake bottle box

and the other is here with the element14 (farnell) case

2 Likes

The price tag is indeed high.
I still went for it, as I was specifically looking for a case which hides all boards inside, while being able to easily switch the sd-card from the outside.

Expensive is beter than not for sale, we say around here…

4 Likes

So true. I’m had some albums missing in my collection. Seems I’d hidden them.

I do like that eleduino one from Canada or wherever they make it…china most likely. Most of mine sit on a shelf or rack somewhere so are not taking up much room that the rather deep expensive one would demand.

Did you have any trouble with the disc image , I keep getting a corrupt file ?

Mike

Are you talking RoPieee? No I did not. I have actually downloaded it twice so far and it worked both times.

How do you download and with which browser?

I wish there was a US seller selling that. Mr. Instant Gratification here wants his free next-day or 2-day delivery. :wink:

Hi Harry

I used Internet Explorer , I took heed of your Edge comment, I hate Edge anyway !

It downloaded but when it got to the security scan, I got a msg box saying the Image File was Corrupt

I see from Rene that it should work anyway so I’ll try it meantime

Mike

Try Firefox or Chrome.

Sorry It was actually Chrome , I’ll try IE now

Mike

No don’t waste your time on it. The security scan warning will keep on popping up, but just ignore it.

Third time lucky , got a clean image

Mike

1 Like

Just got the 7" LCD and black case :slightly_smiling_face:

done setup, via wired connection, then enabled wi-fi but… no more connection :disappointed_relieved:
two possible reasons:

• Raspberry Pi 3B (known for not having the greatest wifi, afaik. but my network was listed in RoPieee wi-fi setup)
  • a few special characters (; % ]) in my network’s password (<- not going to change it on a dozen devices :stuck_out_tongue:)

Fing too doesn’t show the Pi as connected to the network so… I believe it’s the latter, right?