Software updated but not installed & software version difference might lead to Roon Core also not being found

Roon Core Machine

MAC OS Montery, version 12.4. Machine: Mac Mini M1, 2020 8GB.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netwerk router: SmartWifi modem | Klantenservice | Ziggo. Ethernet connection (but Wifi also), Mulvad VPN switched on or off does not solve the issue.

Connected Audio Devices

Bluesound Node 2i streamer, bluetooth and USB connection. (Did function before). Apple iPhone 11 Pro with Roon 2.0. (But same problem as version 1.8 build 1105 stable).

Number of Tracks in Library

0 (all streaming)

Description of Issue

Updating Roon Core software from version 1.8 (build 831 stable ) is going well, but installing does not work: Update is wating relaunch and if I click, Roon quits and by restarting again the software version is 1.8 (build 831 stable). So I cannot succeed in installing newer (2.0) version. Also Roon Core is not recognized by iPhone. I can play music but only from the main computer (Core computer, M1). Updating software is advised by Roon but as stated above, I cannot install. I think this hampers the use of iPhone for Roon: "Roon Core not found, also not via scanning IP adress. All was functioning well until recently. Nothing changed to my opinion except software update.

Hi @Cornelly_van_der_Ven,

Please accept my sincere apologies for having subjected your patience to such a prolonged wait time.

I’ve taken a look through your account diagnostics and I see that an iOS device is still on Roon 1.8 despite meeting the hardware requirements. This build mismatch is likely the cause of the connectivity issues, as you’re already well aware.

I recommend a hard resintall. Delete the current Roon Remote app on your affected iOS device and all of its data, and then use the Roon download link from the App Store here to install Roon 2.0 and sign in with your existing credentials.

If issues persist, please reach out to let me know, and I will be watching this thread closely.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.