Some albums in iTunes not importing to Roon

Some of my albums are showing in iTunes but have not been imported into Roon. If I delete from iTunes and then re import into iTunes, they show up. However I have no idea which albums are missing until I look for one and its not there.
any ideas? I have read other posts on this subject but I can’t say an answer has been found yet.
thanks
David

Hi @David_Tanner ----- Thank you for the report and sorry for the troubles here.

Moving forward, our knowledge base has good documentation as to why certain files may not show up in Roon on import. Can you confirm for me if you’ve checked to see if the content landed in “Skipped Files” (Settings - > Library -> “Skipped Files”).

-Eric

Hi Eric
Yes I have. There are a few tracks there, but not whole albums
thanks
David

Could it be due to iTunes continually changing the file location to

/Users/davidtanner/Library/RoonMounts/RoonStorage_99d4e70b7626de4405886f63327d5d2d7608ba4f/iTunes external

Some albums I have now found are listed as “unavailable” if the file is given as above.
Its really annoying as I have to then update my library to the correct location which with over 30,000 tracks takes quite a time!

Hi @David_Tanner ----- Thank you for the follow up and the continued feedback, both are appreciated!

**Could it be due to iTunes continually changing the file location to : **
/Users/davidtanner/Library/RoonMounts/RoonStorage_99d4e70b7626de4405886f63327d5d2d7608ba4f/iTunes external

Based on the above, it sounds as though your iTunes XML is in a different location than where your media is being stored/accessed from, which would cause the XML to not be up to date. Our knowledge base article about using iTunes + Roon 1.3 should offer some help with this. Please give the article a read and let me know if further assistance is required.

-Eric