Some downloaded tracks in Roon ARC gets corrupted [Ticket In]

thank you Connor - dont worry about the hot phone for now - it seems to happen with app and updates as well

thanks for investigating. yes this is with the versions just released today - I was able to download other albums fine - so there has been an improvement

Same issue for me. iOS latest version of ARC.

Downloaded the latest ARC update mentioned and I am still getting ā€œCorrupt Mediaā€ for over half of the albums I try and download. Any further help here would be greatly appreciatedā€¦

Hi @Ben_Thompson,

Weā€™ve identified a bug related to playback corruption of downloaded tracks; while itā€™s frustrating to sit waiting, we should have a fix out for this issue shortly. While some users in this thread were reporting issues fixed with incremental improvements in already-released builds, the major fix has yet to be merged into ARC.

I wish I could report we had a solution ready, but I will absolutely keep you updated on when this fix makes it into a release.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Connor, I am happy to be patient if it puts the issue to bed once and for all. Good luck to you and the team in the process, as I know first hand these bugs can be tricky and difficult to sort out. Looking forward to the solve and will keep my eyes out (ears open?) for it.

I am noticing the files Iā€™ve downloaded some come out corrupt yet on my core they are good (when I listen at home). Iā€™ve been getting the ā€œunexpected errorā€ notification on my phone.

Also again I canā€™t use Roon Arc with my core on. I have a CG-NAT network so Iā€™m unable to do so for now. So I stick to offline.

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 10, i7, 8 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Rogers Ignite Gateway Modem, Core connected via ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

iPhone 13 Pro Max (Cellular and Wi-Fi)
Raspberry Pi3, Ropieee Endpoint, connected via ethernet, feeding Topping E30S via USB
Bluesound Node 2i, Wi-Fi

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon Arc stated yesterday while away that it had not connected with Core for a week, went through the steps described above to fix (reboot mobile device and core machine, investigated router settings, reset Arc, deleted then re-installed app, etc). All of the attempts at fixing were while on home network/Wi-Fi. Result after each reset was ā€œcannot find Roon Coreā€.

Happy to state that the problem resolved itself later on in the day after periodically checking in (always with the same above message). Fix came when I was on office Wi-Fi, not cellular.

New problem: Playlist downloaded, two songs skipped with the reason being ā€œFile corruptedā€. Checked both song files (CD rips) when I arrived back home and both songs play through completely fine via Topping E30S

Hey @Robert_Philpott,

Iā€™ve merged your reply to an existing thread that weā€™re actively working on :+1: this will be the best place to stay up to date on any information we have to share with the group.

1 Like

Unfortunately still the same after latest update 30-11 on iOS

Still the same issues after the New update of december 15th.

Yeah the only way I can check is if I download new tracks and listen to them.

Yup, as of Version 1.0.28 this remains an issue for every new download I try and even some of the older ones. Still isnā€™t a very useful app without this feature, which is a real bummer as it promises to be one of itā€™s strongest features.

Thanks for the update @Ben_Thompson, we do have a ticket and continue to investigate the underlying issues. Hopefully weā€™ll have a more positive update shortly.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: ARC Canā€™t Locate Local Files

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.