Some FLAC streams removed

another update: we added an AAC stream 96k/24bit:
http://server9.streamserver24.com:18900/motherearth.aac

carries metadata :wink:

greetz,
Florian

1 Like

I’ve added it to the database. Thank you Florian.

The Kemonia radio stream just plays a short snatch of music and stops. I’ve unlisted the station for now.

It looks like the Superstereo stations are introducing metadata into their flac streams. The way it is done causes Roon to stop at the end of each track.

So far Superstereo 3 and Superstereo 4 have switched. Superstereo 5 is currently down and may be in the process of switching.

I’ll monitor for a few days and report back here. We may have to discontinue the flac streams. If so, I’ll post the URLs so that people can add to my live radio if they wish.

1 Like

I should have updated this a long time ago. Kemonia is fine (and has been listed for a while)

1 Like

As expected, Superstereo continuing to introduce metadata to their flac streams. Stations 1 to 5 all now changed. Station 6 still the old form.

1 Like

Just to confuse me, Superstereo 2 has now stopped adding metadata.

1 Like

Rondo Classic - Klasu Pro appears dead. I’ve unlisted it.

1 Like

Today’s confusion from Superstereo - metadata is back but is now a station ident and is constant, meaning that there are no ‘substreams’ and Roon works.

3 Likes

Hi Brian, I introduce myself, I’m Erik Jego CEO of SuperStereo Network. I came here due to the emails from several listeners of our audio channels, last week we introduced metadata to our broadcast but we began to receive notices of cuts at the end of each song, by this means I will inform you of the changes and tests that we are carrying out in FLAC and some tests in DSD, a hug from Chile friend :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Hello @Erik_Jego , thank you for the message and welcome to the forum.

You are right, Roon has problems when the metadata is added via individual OGG streams. I believe Lumin has the same problem with their app. I have informed the room developers of the issue and hope they fix the problem before too long. In the meantime your current implementation is fine for us, thank you for the quick change.

I would very much welcome information about any changes and tests you carry out. If you want me to test anything on Roon beforehand I would be pleased to do so. You can PM me via tapping on my avatar.

Regards, Brian

2 Likes

Hi Erik. Lumin players (using Lumin native app instead of Roon) native FLAC radio functionality currently cannot handle chained OGG with end-of-stream (EOS) mark at the end of each song. Thanks for considering.

1 Like

Mother Earth Radio is offline; financial difficulties according to the website.

Not any more, it’s back up.

1 Like

Good to see that @Florian_Reiterer found a way to resume streaming!
Alternate channels Klassik and Instrumental are still down though.

1 Like

Yeah, glad to be back. Some fine people around the globe made it possible with their donations.
If you eventually tune in: Feel The Love!
:smiley:
might take couple of days before the server guys resurrect the other streams

4 Likes

@Erik_Jego has worked some magic and produced a new 192k hires stream for Superstereo 1 that includes metadata.

Thank you Erik.

1 Like

Back up now. Good news @Florian_Reiterer

2 Likes

Station Intense Radio has introduced metadata into its flac stream in a way that causes Roon to stop at the end of each track. I have unlisted the flac stream for now but if you want to listen anyway then add
https://secure.live-streams.nl/flac.flac
to your my live radio

1 Like

Lucifer appears dead. Has been so for 5 days and site not up. Unlisting it.

3 Likes