Some issues with translations (again)

Just a reminder, that translation work needs a better architecture from the developer side.
As of right now there are way to many similar (but not identical) phrases that requires quite some evaluation, to make them logical and understandable in their destination.

Some are simply overburdening, like these:

Edit: Ignore this, see post #3 They are funny but very difficult to translate, some are very localized (how the hell am i supposed to know how long a train ride from London to Cambridge takes?)…

And i am really struggling with localize.ly, mainly because i am almost 100% tablet based (iPad Pro):

1. Please, please be consistent with the use or non-use of punctuation, “.” Localize.ly has a freakin’ miniscule punctuation, hardly visible in Safari on the 12.9" iPad Pro… I don’t find it much easier to read on my Win laptop either…
  2. Again, in Safari on the iPad, it is a real struggle to copy paste variables from the english translation (to alleviate misspellings or grammatics) and i have given up on these…

Basically, localize.ly does not suit my environment very well, and it makes translation work a bigger struggle that it should be.

And once more, please, please make it an option to include or exclude translations of genres, credits and instruments… It has been shaped into a mess by auto-translation which force me into a cleanup situation i don’t want, need or see any purpose in…

Good point, probably a good idea to localize these destinations, but Google Maps or Apple Maps tells you quite easily by choosing the Transit option. Though finding a localized equivalent (a nice touch) can take a bit of work

1 Like

Well, i acted in bit of a haste there…
They are kind of amusing and they are not in need of localization, seeing them as a whole.

However, the translation process could surely be improved by splitting these terms into smaller pieces and separating the icons from the text (the icons are difficult to translate, aren’t they? :smiley: )
I dont know how many times i wrote the translated term for “enough music for a…”
This are examples of what i referred to in the ingress of my first post:

1 Like