Some songs with wrong path to file after updating storage location

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu Server 20.04 @ NUC8i3BEK; Roon 1.8; Build 753

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired LAN

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro; Win10 Home PC

Description Of Issue

Hi,

Due to new Focus feature I want to have two storage directories added to be able to filter them using Focus.

My directory structure is as follows:

/NAS
  /Music
    /CD-RIP
      /Artist1
        /Artist1 - Album1
        /Artist1 - Album2
      /Artist2
        /Artist2 - Album1
        /Artist2 - Album2
    /Download
      /Artist1
        /Artist1 - Album1

I always had one storage location added pointing to /NAS/Music. Now I would like to have two storage locations to take advantage of new Focus: /NAS/Music/CD-RIP and /NAS/Music/Download. I perform following steps:

• Edit existing storage path from /NAS/Music/ to /NAS/Music/CD-RIP
  • Add new storage path pointing to /NAS/Music/Download

While most of the files are correctly updated, some are stuck with incorrect path to file and they are marked as unavailable in playlist. Example of correctly migrated file:

Example of incorrectly migrated file:

Second file has duplicated CD-RIP in path. It is both present in Storage location and Path to file. Can I fix it? Workaround is removing this song from playlist and adding it again to a playlist but I don’t like it. This file is recognized as a new one and listening count is reset to 0. Can I tell Roon to use a proper file? Or fix it some other way? When I use clean up library in settings Roon says that four files were deleted. I guess four files have this issue then. Please advise.

Thanks,
Adam

Resolved myself with following steps:

• disabled original storage pointing to /NAS/Music path
  • added new storage locations pointing to /NAS/Music/CD-RIP and /NAS/Music/Download
  • waited till all files were indexed
  • removed original storage location
  • cleaned up library

It allowed Roon to index all files correctly for some reason.

Hi Adam,

Fellow Friendly User here. Was going to respond yesterday but got caught up. And it looks like you have found the issue.

If Roon is watching both locations then it will assume the files are new and treat them as such. If you disable the original location first, then when you turn it on it will assume you have moved them.

This is important because, Roon keeps the file location as a differentiator between files; thus allowing for different versions.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.