Some tracks are unavailable but OK in KKBOX native app [Investigating]

Hi, I found some tracks from Isabella Faust, Solo album are not available in Roon. First track is OK but the rest of the tracks are all unavailable. The native KKBox app are OK without problem. Roon is updated to the latest build 1153. Could you help to check it?

Thanks,
Jerry

Yes, I’m also getting a similar issue in Japan using KKBOX. About 50% of music listed won’t play, maybe Roon is providing metadata for albums that aren’t actually available on KKBOX. I’m just waiting for Qobuz to launch in Japan that got delayed, then I will be switching over to them instead.

Same here at Hong Kong, it must have hidden issue didn’t solved between Roon core and KKBOX

Is this issue a Codecs issue?
If you set the VERSIONS of the song to be played to a codec other than KKBOX, it seems to be able to be played without any problems in most cases.

Yes, I also have similar probrems.
My case, “Megatropolis” by IRON SAVIOR, KKBOX have three versions of the album and less than a half of the tracks can be played.
And I can listen “Here Comes The Rain” by MAGNUM on KKBOX from Japan, however cannot find it via Roon.

I hope Roon and/or KKBOX guys are already working on these issues.
Thanks.

Hi folks – we are aware of this issue and looking forward to getting this resolved with help from our friends at KKBOX. For now, I’m moving this thread to the Support section of Community so our team can follow up when we’ve made some progress.

I appreciate @Koh_Y providing some examples of content that plays in the KKBOX app but not in Roon – @Morihiko_Inamine @Andy_Luk @Mat-Hat if you could all provide some examples as well, that would help us as we investigate this issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience all!

2 Likes

Hi Mike, 3 screenshots from ARC attached as requested.
The 'Power of Soul’ album by Idris Muhammad is shown in ARC as a KKBOX ‘K’ icon listing but when you try to play it you get the ‘Poor Connection’ error banner in red. When searching for all Idris Muhammad albums in the KKBOX app the 'Power of Soul’ album isn’t actually available.

Another issue but slightly different, the ‘No Secrets’ album by Carly Simon is shown in ARC as a KKBOX ‘K’ icon listing but when you try to play it you also get the ‘Poor Connection’ error banner in red. When searching Carly Simon’s albums in the KKBOX app there are 2008 and 2009 release versions of that ‘No Secrets’ album available, both of which seem to play successfully in the KKBOX app.

*Both issue samples I’ve provided were done on an iPhone 14 Pro Max iOS17.3.1 running ARC and KKBOX apps latest versions, whilst being on a fast Hikari Fiber optic - Wifi 6 network.

Here is my observation, inside the Ipad ROON app. after login to the KKBOX, the searching result will be more than pure KKBOX app. obviously, those track or album has already removed from the KKBOX database.

When playing the unavailable album via IPAD roon app, it will crash the ROON core where located inside my synology DS1621+. I need to reboot the server or Stop the service to get back to normal

Add images

here is one of the sample album, I though it as been removed from KKBOX database. But don’t know somehow via Roon app can be search it out from KKBOX database.

This is critical error and it will resulted Roon core crash.

Honestly, disappointed to the advertising ROON X KKBOX launch will such huge bug. I’ll not decided to invest on it and will keeping on Tidal after trial period.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.