Some tracks in album are not added to media library

Hello.
I have nucleus+ with internal SSD 4Tb disk. 3 tracks from one album didn’t add to library. Can a send to you this tracks to you for test?
Best regerds
Yury

To help support when they come along, it would be useful to know:

Does Settings > Library > Skipped Files show anything?
What type of audio file were they? Is there anything different about them compared to others on the album?
Can you share a screenshot of the folder containing the files?

Hi @Yury_Kochetkov,

First, I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Hello.
I overwritten the files to disk again. Now all files have been added. But I found that all the files on the disk have strange copies. All of them starting with ._ and weighing 4kb. What is it?
Yury

Hi @Yury_Kochetkov,

What kind of files are they (what format)?

What did you use to rip the files?

These files exactly repeat the main files. Wav, flac, aiff and jpg but begin with ._ and weigh 4kb. I don’t know what is it.

I used for copppy files Ma mini.

Hi @Yury_Kochetkov,

What software are you using to rip? iTunes? Something else?

I use AuI ConverteR 48x44 for rip and convert files.

Hi @Yury_Kochetkov,

For one of the examples above can you zip up the entire album folder (including the 4kb files) and send it over to us via a Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service link)?

Thanks!

Yes. I will do.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X3nbcQp3GAJI-UMra_zCbOjaq1ZUoCt1?usp=sharing

Hello Dylan.
I know this is strange, but if you listen to this album to the end somewhere after track 6, the sound balance starts shifting to the right, about 2 or 3 dB. after that, if you starting to listen this album again, the balance will shift to right occur immediately from the first track. Sound belance also shifting to the right on most other albums, including Tidal (This is noticeable if there is a solo instrument in the center such as a saxophone). After removing the album from the media library and re-installing system of the the Nucleus + the sound balance will normalize. This is not the only one album causing a problem with balance of Nucleus+.
If you will have problem downloading via the link, please let me know. I very hope that you can find and fix the problem.
Best regards
Yury.

Hi @Yury_Kochetkov,

I spoke with the team on this and the extra files are not related to Roon, but likely stemming from the ripping software and is unrelated to any issues you’re seeing here.

Regarding the sound balance issue — Is this happening for all endpoints? Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when this is occurring?

1 Like

Hi Dylan.
The shift of the balance to the right occurs regardless of which system the Nucleus is connected to and how. One condition is that the system must be of a very high level with exactly installed loudspeakers. The difference is small but it is. (I think that you won’t hear the difference in the headphones) Not only the balance, but the whole soundstage becomeы less precise. Musical instruments lose their shape.

Yury

I use the crack The Thrill Is Gone of Archie Shepp Quartet from album True Ballad as a test.

On the picture one normal balance, saxophone in the middle and in the back of the speakers. On the picture two after shift of balance, saxophone advanced forward and extended to the right.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.