Some 'Tracks in playlists and mixes' play action options missing on Roon Remote Mobile app [Ticket IN]

Thank you, Jamie!

1 Like

Honestly, I’m rather disappointed that it’s already been 7 days since the first report and that QA still seems to be figuring things out. Like I already mentioned in the report, it uses the Tracks and recordings play actions, instead of the Tracks in playlists and mixes play actions on the phone. Try changing the Tracks and recordings actions and you’ll see the options change in playlists as well.

Jamie, do you want to merge this thread, too?

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/lack-play-from-here-play-now-for-playlists-only-plays-one-song/191336/25

1 Like

For album, it’s OK, plays all songs to the end of the album. After update 911/913. Anyone like that?

Yeah, it’s happening to me as well. 911/913 seem to have broken more than they fixed. It works enough that I can wait it out for the next release though.

I’m not seeing this behaviour on B913 running on ROCK. Music continues with the next when the first track selected finishes.

Incidently, Careless Whisper, predictably, won the BBC audience vote.

1 Like

After recent updates, I do not have a “Play from here” option in the drop-down menu. I run it with the “Play now” button. I described the effect in the topic.

Go to Settings > Play actions > Tracks in playlists and mixes and make sure the option to Play from here is selected.

Are you running iOS?

The problem seems to be with the Roon Remote update to version 913 for iOS. iPhone is updated to version 913 and has the problem described above. I have an iPAD with the Roon Remote 911 version and it’s OK.

Make sure to check the option in settings as described earlier. It’s there in iOS too.

Edit: This is taken from B913 iOS.

I am having the same problem since the last update. The “Play from here” option is not available on the app only the desktop.

Have you checked the settings as described in my post? Are you saying that it’s checked, but not working, or not available in the settings?

Yes. I checked the settings ion both the desktop and the app and they are turned on like your post. I even tried turning them off and back on, reboot phone and desk top. The drop down menu on the app only, no longer has the “Play from here” option any more.

I am only having the problem from playlists. Albums are working fine.

Hello,
In the ios remote app, I also have the same issue since 1.8.00913. From the playlist view I don’t the « play from here » option.
I don’t have the problem in the album view.
I’ve checked in the settings and the option is enabled.

Are iOS and your Core both on B913? Confirm in Settings > About.

Yes, both are 913. Looks like support is looking into it.

If it works on your iPad then it looks like an iPhone specific issue. It broke in version 911. I created an issue about it right after 911 came out. When using my iPhone 12 mini as a remote it no longer works. On my macbook it does. The Play from here option isn’t actually missing. It uses the incorrect play actions. Instead of using Tracks in playlists and mixes it uses the Tracks and recordings play actions, which doesn’t contain the Play from here option and a few others.

2 Likes

I am also having the same issue. After the latest update, I no longer have the option to “Play From Here” within playlists on my iPhone 12 despite having all play actions enabled in settings. I do have the option to “Play From Here” within playlists on both my iPad and Windows devices.