Some 'Tracks in playlists and mixes' play action options missing on Roon Remote Mobile app [Ticket IN]

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC with Roon ROCK running Roon version 1.8 build 911

Remote

iOS 15.3.1 (iPhone 12 mini) with Roon 1.8 build 911

Description of Issue

When selecting a track in a playlist it no longer shows the play actions of Tracks in playlists and mixes. It turns out that it uses the Tracks and recordings play actions instead (only when I customise that category, the context menu actually changes). This means actions like Play from here, Add next from here and Queue from here are currently not working in playlists. This broke after the update to 1.8 build 911.

Same for me on 913

Is it possible for someone from support to at least acknowledge this is an issue? It would be nice to have confirmation that it’s broken and hopefully it gets fixed quickly considering play actions are a pretty major feature of playlists.

I want to start playing from a specific point in a playlist all the time, and then let it continue the rest of the playlist. This is currently impossible. It plays a single song and then starts Roon Radio. I actually find myself not using playlists at all right now because the play actions are broken.

1 Like

Hi Okke,

You indicated that you used an phone as the remote client, do you have the same issue if you use a Mac PC as a remote.

Personally, I don’t use Mac, but my Android phones, tablets, and Windows PC, are not showing the same issue when connecting to my ROCK NUC.

Hi @Okke_Tijhuis,

Thank you for this report. I’ve passed it along to the QA team for further investigation. I’ll update you as soon as I have more details.

Hi @Rugby ,

I just checked and the Mac client uses the correct play actions, so it looks like an iPhone or iOS specific issue.

1 Like

I am having the same problem since the last update. The “Play from here” option is not available on the app. It is only available from the desktop.

I can confirm, sadly. On my iPhone Play from here in playlist view is missing after update and it is impossible to restore it in Settings. :frowning: Please fix.

I have the same issue, core is on ROCK and build 913 but the problematic client is an Android 12 Samsung S20.

Roon Core Machine

Qnap HS 251+ with 8GB RAM and core on a USB attached solid state drive.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router, Asus RT AC87U, Switch, TP link SG 1008, connected with Ethernet to Devialet Expert

Connected Audio Devices

Devialet Expert Pro

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Playlists are not functioning properly anymore. It seems to have started with 913. When selecting tracks in playlists, the option “Play from here” is not available anymore. When clicking next after a track is selected in a playlist, it does not advance to the next track in the playlist, but randomly select another track not from the playlist. This is bizarre behaviour and making playlists unusable. Playlist actions are set to default and play from here option in tracks in playlists and mixes is selected. This is only applicable to playlist, albums are fine.

1 Like

These are the options when selecting a track.

1 Like

exactly. I noticed this weird behavior in 913. Hope ROON addresses that quickly

Maybe the option is simply disabled, since it’s working here like this:

Here’s what I find.

If I right click on a track in a playlist and use the drop down arrow next to Play now at the top of the screen, then there is no Play from here.

If I left click on a track, Roon brings up a list of options that DOES include Play from Here

Play from here does need to be set in Settings - Play actions - Tracks in playlists and mixes

2 Likes

Here’s a screen shot of what it looks like when you “left click” on a file in a playlist (with “Play from here” turned on as shown above in @Marin_Weigel’s post):

When you then click “Play from here” it adds the track and all track after it to the queue.
I also like the “add next from here” and “queue from here” features.

2 Likes

Hi, Thank you for the info. I just checked on my windows computer and it works fine. It seems then that the issue is Android specfic. I use my phone as a remote.

1 Like

Yep, I am seeing the same thing. Even though the “settings/play actions” shows the options, they do not show up when trying to play the playlist tracks from within the playlist.

However, if you add the playlist to the queue (I just clicked “play now”) and then tap a track, the option to “play from here” is there (on my android note 8):

1 Like

Hi, any comments from @support. Best Regards

1 Like

I have the same issue - “Play from here” and other actions are missing on iPhone devices (see screenshot iPhone 11 Pro).

This is not an issue on my iPad and on my MacBook Pro (see other screenshots).

It seems like on the iPhone the play actions from “Playlists and mixes” are applied also to “Tracks in playlists and mixes”. Probably a bug that can be fixed easily. An acknowledgement from @support would be great indeed.

iOS (iPhone 11 Pro)

iOS (iPad Pro)

MacOS

1 Like

Hey gang,

Thank you for these reports, I’ve merged the separate threads here to help streamline our communications about this. We’re investigating to determine what’s happened, it appears to mainly be effecting phone, and a few tablet, remotes.

Not being able to choose “play from here” with multiple songs is as intended, but the fact that these options are missing from mobile for individual tracks indicates that an unintended change may have occurred.

I’ll update you when I have more details from QA. We apologize for any inconvenience.

4 Likes