Sometimes the end of the track gets cut off

Hi all, I’ve been having the same issue since I installed my Nucleus a week ago. It doesn’t happen that much but is annoying whenever it does.

I’ve been listening to a lot of jazz and classical guitar while I work during the day. I was wondering if the music stopped during a solo or quiet passage because the Nucleus assumed that the track had finished?

I also wondered if my household electric had surged or if I had been demanding too much of the wi-fi network which has all sorts of ipads, iphones, tv’s connected to it. Sometimes, perhaps once a day my KEF LSX speakers just loose connection with the network. I’m thinking it could be a network issue.

Hi @David_Kennedy,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is this happening for all endpoints?

Current setup: Nucleus streaming Tidal only to KEF LSX and LS50W (1st gen) powered speakers

The Nucleus has only been installed one week. Before this I had the Roon core running on a 2020 iMac with 68GB ram and 800G space on the HD. The dropouts/music stopping would happen occasionally or Roon might freeze perhaps once per day (it always seemed to be towards the end of a track like the original post above). But sometimes programs like Photoshop or InDesign might also freeze for no apparent reason when the computer gets too stressed or too many applications are opened.

With Nucleus it seems more stable but I might get tracks stopping or cutting out perhaps a couple of times per day which I put down to electricity surges within our apartment. The reason I contributed to the thread was to share this info with the other guys - it might actually not be anything to do with Roon but perhaps an outside source like a surge in electricity.

Best regards,

David