Sonicorbiter OS 2.8

I would like to see the release notes on this as well. I purchased the upgrade. @Jesus_Rodriguez

2.8 Release notes here:

This one was quite interesting: “A CD Player can now be plugged into a Rendu USB port and play to any Roon Ready endpoint or DLNA endpoint (directions coming soon…)”

2 Likes

Thanks @Craig_Palmer

I have a similar contraption with my Bryston BDP-1 media player. I use an external computer CD hard drive to play CDs through the media player sound card. That external drive cost me $5 on eBay.

Works like a primitive Bryston BOT-1. Can’t write though, read only.

https://bryston.com/digital-audio/bot1/

I just posted the instructions for the Sonore’s Compact Disc Digital Audio Streaming with Roon/RoonReady here:

Tried to update my SonicTransporter from 2.7 to 2.8 using the manual on the site of Smallgreencomputers. After the First run updating my I5 the proces stopped. No I5 anymore in my network after the First reboot. The I5 tries to start up, beeps, shut down and starts again. on and on.The light on the lan gate is flickering for a few seconds. Unpowered the I5 and tried several things. Nothing. Someone has a clue to solve this?

In this case, I would reach out to Small Green Computer. As far as I am aware, this update is only available via SD card.

Andrew is very quick to respond. I suggest you contact him.

1 Like

I am pretty sure the main reason for that was that a larger SD card was required for the SD card based Sonore products.

Same thing happened to me with my i5. I had to send it to Small Green Computer to get repaired. I also lost all my music on the internal hard drive.

Guys SGC and Sonore are two different companies. Each uses SonicOrbiter of a different flavors one being a Roon server and the other being a RoonReady endpoint. The updates are independent from each other and have different steps and / or requirements. This thread is for SonicOrbiter as it applies to Sonore products. Sonore products use micro SD cards and SGC use some form of mass storage.

Is there a different SD card for the microrendu and ultrarendu? I have both so do I order 1 card or 2?

That is a great question for @Jesus_Rodriguez.

The upgrade SD cards are unique to each device, so you need to order both.