Sonore opticalRendu

I have been doing this long enough to say people will claim all kinds of things even if I don’t believe them. BTW that will not stop us from using linear regulation and femto clocking on the opticalModule:)

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance, but does this unit replace ultrarendu? Does it plug into the ethernet wall outlet whether it’s optical or copper? Also does it need an optical cable only or any copper cable will work?

Which product? The opticalRendu or opticalModule?

Is opticalmodule + ultrarendu = opticalrendu?

I was referring to opticalrendu.

It assumes you have optical Ethernet available. If not we can get you there with the opticalModule.

Ethernet -> opticalModule -> opticalRendu

Or if you want to keep your old transport, but use fiber:
Ethernet -> FMC (fiber converter) -> fiber -> opticalModule -> ethernet transport

He is right…the opticalModule will be by-directional:)

Hi Jesus

Any idea when the opticalModules will be available?

If all goes well in about a month or so…

Pictures shure would be cool. Whats on the other end of the opticalmodule/opticalrendu? What and where is the opitcal interface on the other-side of the cable?
Will/can this be baked into Small Green Computers (add all other CORE/ROCK etc… Computers here).

I never liked optical connections for 2 CH HIFI before… why is this different?

Excuse me if I’m not using the correct terminology.

This is not audio optical its for networking using fibreoptic, rather than using standard ethernet.

I think this is the major void in your explaination of the new product. I am very interested but draw a complete blank since my internet modem is like 99% of all modems. its not optical out. I presume lost in all the announcement is some ethernet copper to optical box you then plug your new device into. You just throw out the existance of your oticalModule. Is THAT what I’m talking about? Please explain with a little more detail.

Have a look here:

This may answer some questions I’ve seen, it helped me out:

1 Like

Indeed…the video is very helpful in understanding how to use the opticalRendu. It really is simple:)

1 Like

The reason Toslink (optical audio) usually is not considered to be the best means of digital audio input is because optical conversion introduces more jitter. In a traditional design of DAC with a non-USB audio input, the audio clock is slaved to the clock embedded in the input signal, so when receiving the toslink signal with more jitter, the SQ is decreased.

The optical network discussed here is used to transmit packets of audio data, which is not theoretically affected by the network packet jitter because it is buffered and the network DAC can use its own clock to play it back (i.e. asynchronous).

I look forward to the release of these products. The adoption of optical network technology by Sonore helps legitimize the use of this technology in a network digital audio context. I am also glad to have an alternative to TP-Link when I need to suggest customers to use FMC.

1 Like

Jesus,

Will you be offering an optical Signature Rendu SE version?

Hi Peter, I’m a big fan of your products. Please email me at sonorejr@gmail.com so I can discuss some things with you off line.

Thanks,

Jesus R

SONORE computer audio

microRendu | ultraRendu | ultraDigital | signatureRendu

Yes, both upgrades for existing customers of the original Signature Rendu SE and a new unit.

Understand the isolation on the ethernet but how about the noise crawling into the power supply input? I understand that’s dependent upon what PS or LPS you use but any provisions within your product to filter the input power?

I’m really interested in your product. One month? 6 months?