SonoreUPnP Bridge (beta)

Have you upgraded the speakers to DOS2? Maybe the UPnP implementation is refined? I’m not sure if I’ll update, I need the low latency mode which DOS2 doesn’t support.

Hi @ragwo, Apologies for delayed reply. Yes, I finally upgraded to DOS 2 last weekend after a couple of weeks of hesitation caused by all the noise on Devialet chat about problems with stereo syncing etc. I finally decided that I am an inveterate neophile that has always been first to upgrade and try new stuff (and have all the scars on my back to prove it) so why should I pretend to change now? :upside_down_face:

The upgrade was painless and the system has worked without problems since using AirPlay and SonoreUPnP Bridge. However I have only got the latter to work with standard resolution and not yet with any hi rez material. I have not succeeded at all in connecting via BubbleUPnP so can’t confirm either way if that works, although I have been extremely busy and not had time to take a proper run at it so I would not call this conclusive by any means.

Please let me know if you hear of anybody who is successful and I will do likewise.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!
I’ll hold off updating until the low latency mode is implemented in DOS2. Good to know that Sonore UPnP bridge is working better with DOS2.
I’ve managed to get Bubble UPnP working on the upgraded Silvers of my brother in law, using my phone as player. Didn’t have to do anything special, the speakers showed up as an UPnP device in Bubble.

@ragwo Have you managed to connect to the DOS 2 Phantoms from Roon by any chance? My DOS 2 Phantoms appear as renderers in BubbleUPnP but not in the “networked” section of the Roon Audio settings. My Devialet Expert does. Hmmm…

I have to say that my first impression of DOS 2 is favourable. Nice interface, basic functions have worked without glitches (for me at least) and everything seems stable. Really looking forward to Devialet implementing RAAT in DOS 2!

No, I haven’t. I’ve not upgraded my speakers yet, still waiting for direct optical mode for DOS2. I’ve only tried Bubble UPnP and DOS2 for about an hour at my brother in law. He’s mostly streaming Spotify and hasn’t got Roon.

Well, I spent a good couple of hours trying to get Roon to see my DOS 2 Phantoms as a UPnP renderer only to eventually remember that Roon doesn’t support UPnP. That’s why we started down this SonoreUPnP Bridge route in the first place. Doh! My memory is good but short. :woozy_face:

Anyway, I reinstalled the SonoreUPnP Bridge on my sonicTransporter, pointed it at the Phantoms, set the output to WAV and presto, music! It now successfully plays 16/44.1, 24/96 and 24/192 and certainly plays longer than 45 seconds - but unfortunately it still cuts eventually. For instance I tried a Haydn Symphony in 16/44.1 from Qobuz. On track 1 it cut after about 2:14, track 2 1:57, track 3 1:54 etc. So progress, but not there yet. Still, as the Flight of the Concords so insightfully observed “two minutes in heaven is better than one minute in heaven”…

Every cloud has a silver lining however and in this case it is that my Devialet “hand cream” Remote, which resolutely refused to pair with my Phantoms on DOS 1, is now working with no problem. Yes, I now have a working knob!! :partying_face:

@ogs @Henry_McLeod @simon_pepper @grossmsj @Jesus_Rodriguez fyi.

1 Like

Brief update. I updated my Audirvana installation to 3.5.26 and configured it to stream from Qobuz via UPnP to the Phantoms. The same 16/44.1 Haydn Symphony test tracks that are cutting off after about 2 minutes/track when streamed via Roon/SonoreUPnP Bridge are playing on without problem via Audirvana so this just might be a SonoreUPnP Bridge issue.

@Jesus_Rodriguez please let me know if you would like me to perform any further troubleshooting here. I will be happy to help.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
You are brave. I’m lying here in the weeds until all the inevitable (for Devialet) problems clear up. My RoonBridge works so well right now I’m not really sure what I might gain from going over to DOS2.
Oh yeah, now I remember. The whole Phantom system being forgotten for no reason and having to be re-installed for the 300th time in Spark. :frowning_face:

A summary of my initial experiences with DOS 2 here. For my use cases at least it seems like a major step forwards.

1 Like

Update to DOS2 today. It was reasonably painless and everything works fine!
My ‘hand cream’ remote had worked before, but is much more responsive now.
Thanks for the positive reinforcement @struts!

1 Like

Hi @Jesus_Rodriguez,
Do you have any Feedback regarding Burmester 150, 151, 111? If not, is there any way to test if it works before ordering a device?
(BubbleUPNP, sees the device)
Thanks a lot!
Tom

I don’t have any feedback on these.

Can I change the IP address of the bridge to be fixed? The web interface does not appear to provide a place where I can do this. Thank you.

Hi Ashok, The bridge is software. The IP address is that of the hardware it is running on (sonicTransporter, microRendu etc.), that is the address you would have to change to fixed.

Thanks for the reply struts. I should have explained that I was referring to the hardware device itself; the one from Small Green Computer - https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/accessories/products/upnpbridge?variant=6964135395362

All it does is run the bridge software. Configuration screens do not appear to allow changing the IP address. I have contacted SGC for information.

Ah. My apologies. Wasn’t aware of that device. Although I am sure @Jesus_Rodriguez would probably know the answer I would suggest that you post this question on the Small Green Computer page. I am sure @agillis will help you.

You can fix the IP address at the router.

Yeah just go into your router and set a static IP reservation.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: iFi Bridge - A UPnP / DLNA app solution for playback on Roon

I use a SonoreUPnP Bridge to stream to a Naim ND5XS, using Roon. The Bridge was set up to LPCM and everything worked flawlessly.
After the recent upgrade of Roon to V1.7 (build 505) music with resolution higher than 24/96 is reproduced with a strong static noise. Setting the Bridge to PCM solves the issue.

Strange…