Sonos Connect Line-in Grouped to other Sonos devices

Anyone know that if you have a Sonos connect and connect something to the Lin-in and play it, if you are able to group that line-in’s output to other Sonos devices?

Off the wall I know, but say you had a Walkman cassette player with L/R splitter on a headphone mini jack. Can you make the Cassette player not only feed the Sonos connect but in turn group the connect to a Sonos Play-5? I know the 5 has a line-in but I specifically am wondering if you can group a connect’s Line-in to other Sonos devices.

Yes I used to do this, you just choose the line in and can then play it on any Sonos zone.
It will not involve any Roon though.

Mike

1 Like

Understood in the Roon side. Thanks!

I have a connect and my friend is getting a Juke Box restored. He has two Play 5s paired for stereo high on his kitchen walls. He was wondering if possible to route the Juke’s output away from internal pre/amp…standard RCA cables and into a connect then send that to his 5s. I didn’t want to complicate the original post with the Jukebox…Walkman was all I could think of. I’ve never used the line in on my connect. I’m going to lend it to him to give it a try.

Many thanks!

Yes it should work.
I recently tried this with a raspberry Pi hat feeding a Sonos Amp and played to other rooms. You can set the volume level as well to customize this.

I am sure there is going to be some fun involved with this as well.

Mike

1 Like