Sonos devices missing?

Hi. I am experiencing the same. All my Sonos Network devices are no longer showing up. At first I was surprised to see them, then I realized they were Sonos vs. Airplay. It would be good to get a few of them working on Sonos Network — any ideas?

Hello @Henry_Svendblad ,

Welcome to the forum and apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

How are the Sonos devices connected to the network? Are they on the same subnet as the Roon Core? Any VLANs in use in your setup?

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)

Roon 1.8 Build 764 on an Intel NUC, iPad, IPhone, etc.

• Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
    Several RPis with RopieeeXL

• Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
    1GB Fiber to Internet - most devices connected view ethernet, some on WiFi or SONOS net

Cat 5e/6 wired into NUC and most

• Audio devices in use
    Sonos speakers, 3 RPIs/DACs with associated headphones/speakers.

• Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
    On Roon Internal Storage
    Plex NAS as backup
    Sonos
    25K tracks

By the way, the Sonos Net speakers appeared… Not sure why. What I am dealing with now is that the ASIO driver on my PC is not initializing. I think it has to do with the bit rate being too heigh vs. what SONOS can handle. Not sure, but, I can’t get past that issue…

Hello @Henry_Svendblad ,

Is the NUC running Windows, Linux or RoonOS? Do you have any firewalls active? If so, can you see if there is any change in behavior with the firewall temporarily turned off?

What device us using the ASIO driver? Does the WASAPI driver for that device work?

The NUC is running Roon OS. The Sonos zones re-appeared, disappeared and they are back now. Is there an advantage to running Sonosnet over Airplay? Also with S2, why is everything downsampled to 16bit/44 (S2 supports 24/48)? Sonos API limit?

I was able to get ASIO working for about 1 day when I removed Creative drivers from registry and re-installed. I’m giving up on Creative SB Z drivers for ASIO, it’s ok. I’ve read elsewhere they aren’t very reliable and I don’t really I need them in that listening space. Would love to try but… Oh well.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.