Sonos devices stop playing after each track

Okay then. I guess @UliR I would leave it this way. If you have issues in the future, then try un-hardwiring one and see what effect that has. And if it appears to fix the problem, then I’d appreciate you letting me know.

2 Likes

@kitated If I run into that issue again I will follow your advice and then give feedback here.

@Michael_Harris I had issues with Sonos streaming a year ago, that’s the reason I changed to AirPlay.

2 Likes

Me too @UliR for almost a whole year.
But currently I am a happy bear :grin:

It’s worth trying SonosNet again as it has become reliable for some though not all users (maybe not even most).
I suggest trying what @kitated suggested if it doesn’t work and going for only one device plugged in.

2 Likes

No changes here. Did all the usual Roon things but it has not fixed either problem.

Bummer. If you haven’t already done this, try signing out of Qobuz and back in again and then restart Roon. Fingers crossed.

How are the issues you were having with your Sonos speakers?

Did all the usual stuff multiple times. No changes in either situation.

Double bummer. I’m sorry, all out of ideas I’m afraid. Maybe someone else will come along with the solution.

Official Roon support will be back in tomorrow. You might want to create a new post since it appears your issue is different from that of the OP. They’ll be swamped however trying to play catch-up, so you probably won’t hear from them right away. They’ll probably start with the older posts first unfortunately, but you never know.

2 Likes

@Ray_Masters sorry to hear that. I will keep an eye on the thread and if I will get any idea what could be wrong in your setup I will supply that here.

2 Likes

Mahalo but maybe we might hear from support !

1 Like

Hey @Ray_Masters, I’m still really bummed about your troubles. I saw you also posted in another thread. I feel your frustration.

I also wanted to say your use of mahalo made me click on your profile. Maui, oh wow what a gorgeous place to live. I’ve been fortunate enough to visit twice. It’s one of my favorite spots in the whole world.

I also hoped that by having another post in this thread it might catch someone’s attention since it’ll stay close to the top of the Latest list.

Aloha, and Maui nō ka ‘oi.

2 Likes

Short update: my Sonos devices continue to run without stopping between tracks. By the way, it now also works reasonably with Sonos streaming.
However, I still have unusually long pauses between individual tracks - this is also reported by other users. All in all, it is still not really optimal.

1 Like

Great news Uli, and I hate to keep harping on this, but try unplugging one device.

The other thing that just hit me is how old is your Ikea? You may also want to consider having Roon lower the bit depth to 16 for for it (and possibly your One SL as well).

While it makes no sense to me why/how this could effect things when I use Spotify:Connect (I never use the Sonos app), since I did, Spotify:Connect now always works flawlessly.

This still allows me to hear the sound difference between a 16-bit and 24-bit track (or at least I believe in my mind it does), but I don’t experience any delays, stuttering, or dropouts. As I think I saw someone put it in another thread, I’d much prefer having fewer bits than always being on the verge of tossing my Sonos gear out the window.

2 Likes

Thanks, but I have the unusually long gaps with Qobuz tracks even on endpoints that are not Sonos. So I think that the problem is probably not related to Sonos. And, unfortunately, it doesn’t occur between all songs.

2 Likes

Hello @support. Anyone watching this thread please?

1 Like

Since there is no reaction here anyway, I will now set “Solution”. The solution was that after the weekend the system suddenly no longer stopped after every track. Why - no idea.
All the other problems I currently have are described in other tickets, most of which have not seen any reaction from support. I really don’t know why people bother to fill out the template here and describe their errors.
No offence but this is a poor performance.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.