Sonos devices visible but not operational?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS High Sierra Ver 10.13.6 / iMac, 27-inch, Mid 2011. Processor: 3.4 GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory 20GB, 1333 MH DDR3 / Roon version 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

xfiniti/comcast internet home WiFi, XFSETUP-D8A0, Dual-Band 802.11ac XB3

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Besides my core machine, iMac as described above, the only streaming audio devices I have are my various Sonos One powered speakers, all running on WiFi and connected to my network. They can be seen in Roon but are not operational.

Description Of Issue

I am a new Roon user, currently in second day of 14-day trial. The only streaming devices I have currently are a series of Sonos One speakers scattered all over my house. They are all visible in the audio tab section under settings. While visible, they do not respond to click and the ‘save’ button is disabled. The Sonos speakers are running on Sonos Streaming and I can operate them with no issues using my Sonos app (new version)

Hi @David_Meaux,

Welcome to the forum!

Just to be clear here, the issue is that they do not play?
Have you made sure to select them first from the “Zone Picker” menu?

The “Zone Picker” can be accessed by clicking on the current zone in bottom right, looks like you have imac internal?currently selected, I would select the Sonos zone you want instead. More info on zones can be found here: Zones in Roon

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.