Sonos ERA 300 - when will it be Roon Tested / Ready?

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS 920+ with SSD for database, NAS Roon build 20220216, build 1272

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos ERA 300

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

the new Sonos ERA300 works on Roon as a device - but just wondering when this will move to Roon Ready or tested??

thanks

Hi Tom the Sonos just work (or mostly does).
They have not been Roon tested in some time, you just choose if you want to use SonosNet or Airplay and it sounds like you are already doing that.

Sonos does not really participate in any testing with Roon and in my previous discussion Sonos after a problematic update, they would barely acknowledge that Roon even existed.

It won’t ever be Roon Ready and likely never tested. No gen 2 kit has been certified either. To get certification manufacturers need to want it and send kit in to be tested. Sonos these days have no interest in this as they have their own ecosystem to build up. They work for the main part until Sonos change things their end and it causes issues. My ARC has worked flawlessly without certification so I would not stress over it.

1 Like

thanks Michael, thats a shame abuot Sonos.
Yes, I had the breakdown after the last Sonos ‘update’.
Think i’ll put a nagging e-mail into them as well…if enough of us do, maybe somehting happens.
although since they won’t currently do 24 bit, I guess its a limited market

As long as it works then I am happy, but us user’s get caught between Sonos and ROON issues after updates and it sometimes feels that neither of the parties care’s very much. Some people also never have these issues, and I did not suffer from the last couple of issues but suffered a year of issues in 2011/2022 after Roon and Sonos upgraded in the same week and I was on the beta for both🫣

You can get 24/48 from Sonos through Roon, but I will be honest and say I am not sure the speakers are high fidelity enough that we would take anymore from anything higher than that.

1 Like

not stressed, but one of my reasons to have Roon is to allow syncronisation of music accross different zones with different equipment. Works fine for Kef and Blusound.
But with Sonos not playing ball, that doesn’t work.
Really it just hastens my exit from Sonos.
If Sonos are lsitening. Which they clearly aren’t :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.