Sonos not recognized by Roon app

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Roon start recognizing half of my Sonos products.

The Sonos app and all other apps have no problem finding the Sonos amps but for some reason your app doesn’t even show them anymore and won’t even recognize them to let me enable them.

They had to keep being enabled before they just dropped out don’t work anymore but like I said the Sonos app and other apps don’t have a problem recognizing running them.

Thank you hopefully you can help.

Have you rebooted everything?
Fill in the form so people have an idea of your set up.

Hi @cliff_christian,

Can you please fill out the other sections of your post so that we can better understand your setup?

The core is on a brand new Mac mini 16 gb of ram 1 terabyte and the faster Ethernet. It only sometimes finds a few of 8 Sonos and then when it’s playing it’s constantly skipping. They’re connected wired and wirelessly through a couple of Orbi satellites. I’ve just stopped using Roon completely and switch to the Sonos app and Qobuz and my Music directly and have no problems. Now my PS audio DAC has started to do the same thing only with Roon and it’s connected directly to the Orbi . Please help I really love your service when it works!
Thanks
Cliff C.

Hi @cliff_christian,

Since you’re using an Orbi system here, can you please check to make sure the router firmware is up to date and this setting is applied? Mentioned in our Networking Best Practices Guide?

Netgear Orbi Routers

If you’re making use of an Orbi router, we recommend unchecking Disable IGMP Proxying in your router’s settings. This setting can interfere with the ability for Roon Remotes to connect to the Roon Core.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.