SONY NEW WALKMAN ZX500 (ZX507) can't run roon apk or roon essential at play store

That means your version of OpenGL -ES is not up to it

I updated as V 1.7 came out and got the message that my device is not compatible , I didn’t go back afterwards. When I go into Play Store I see what you see, the Roon Remote app you should see is simply not there because your Open GL-ES is wrong . Roon Essentials Remote (check out the About this app) is not the App you need to control Roon , that is simply called Roon Remote

Install the app … OpenGL-ES Info from the Play store , its free, it will tell you what implementation you have.

As far as I know its a hardware limitation and there is no software option to fix it . Quite simply the device is useless for Roon Remote, I have 2 Samsung Tab A 6in tablets that are useless. Roon have always had the system requirement for OpenGL-ES 3.0 or greater but only in the 1.7 update did they use components that weren’t backward compatible.

Also you cannot revert to an earlier version of Roon , you , like me are stuffed !!