Sooloos by Meridian Integration

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Looking to spec a new Roon system for a client who has an existing Meridian Sooloos setup. I have questions about the integration and want to double check my engineering before I propose to client, since I am new to Roon as a product line and service.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

We have a newly installed gigabit network system (Luxul Router, Switch). Installing a Synology NAS drive to store his ripped CD’s (currently stored on Sooloos STORE:ONE hard drives.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

We are going to be purchasing a Nucleus which is specific for your system. Basic topology will be a Nucleus connected to a NAS drive (or existing hard drives) with music stored on it.

Description Of Issue

A couple questions about the system design to make sure I am including the correct products.

1. Does the Nucleus connect directly to the already installed audio matrix? Do I need another device to stream the Roon Music?
  2. Can I use the current Sooloos STORE:ONE hard drives that store the music for his Sooloos system? I can use Synology NAS drives if required for the music storage.
  3. With the Nucleus in the mix, do I need a dedicated PC or server for the music service? It looks like the Nucleus services this purpose.

Hi @Joel_Headrick,

Yes, Roon supports Sooloos playback, as noted in our KB.

Roon cannot access Sooloos storage drives, but we have documentation in our KB that details how to migrate your Sooloos library to another location for use with Roon.

Nope — The Nucleus will be the server and then you can connect to it from any supported remote device for control.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.