Sort by Date Added in 'Artists'

I found a way to sort my tracks and albums by date added but failed to find a way for artists and playlists.

Did I miss the way to sort artists by date added? If not, this is a request.

For playlists I need it as well so I will ad my vote here: Playlists - Sort by Date Added

As users do not add artists to Roon, they usually add pieces of music - maybe streaming services allow users to directly add Artists to Roon but I’m not sure as I don’t use them, results of such a hypothetical sort would possibly be unexpected and without any real value to users - or limited to users of streaming services and artist directly and explicitly added through said streaming services. For users owning already a big library as they started out with Roon, only a few (handful, dozen) Artists might have been added in the years after the initial import of the library. For me it’s hard to see a value for such a sort option.

If Roon Labs wants to implement that somehow, fine with me - nobody has to use it just because it’s there.

Further read:

1 Like

Hi there. I’m a big fan of sorting albums by artist by date added. I don’t see the option in the sort options anymore. Am I looking in the wrong place, or is the feature gone? If so, I’d like to request it be added back. Thanks!

it’s quite a change from 1.7, so I just figure out new ways to do things, Try sort by Artist, then you can use Focus to pick a date range, not quite the same but something.

You can also use the Tracks View, add the Date Added column and sort by Date Added, then use the Artists Funnel filter to pick your artists, that way you can toggle the Date field

Thank you very much for the suggestion. Appreciate it.
Hoping Roon will introduce a more direct way to accomplish.

Yes, I am REALLY hoping Roon brings back the option to sort My Artists in my library by “Date Added” - just as I can in My Albums” - why on earth would this be taken away? It’s beyond frustrating; I added a few artists last weekend with friends over, at their suggestion, and now I can’t for the life of me remember who they were.

I primarily use an iPad and iPhone as remotes and the focus workaround doesn’t apply here; I don’t have an option to filter by date range here(?). Even if I did, it shouldn’t be necessary. Just give us the Date Added artist sort option.

Do you mean that you added some albums from some new artists? If so, can’t you sort My Albums by date added and find them that way?

2 Likes

There used to be a “Date Added” filter within the Artist view. If I wanted to see what the last music I added for John Barry was, I could choose to do so. That option has been gone for a while and it would be lovely to have it added back.

If there is not already a feature suggestion for this then I think your best course of action would be to start one.

1 Like

Thanks for posting, I’ve merged the topics to consolidate the discussion and any potential voting.

2 Likes