Sort wanted in My Tracks on iPhone

I would like it to be possible to sort tracks on e.g. date added on an iPhone.

It is the same kind of sort function I am looking for as the one available in My Albums on an iPhone.

I can’t speak for the iPhone, but, you can certainly do so on the desktop.

While Roon 1.8 brought many changes, the fact that a phone is not a full-featured Roon Remote remains the same.

Well BlackJack… I guess the whole point of suggesting features is that they are not there already :blush:

Same

I don’t understand why I can’t sort tracks by any parameter in the iOS phone app, but it works in the iPad app?

I get that there isn’t as much room on a phone screen, but please, add something that lets us display / sort at least one item at a time? (e.g., track name?!).

Right now it is locked to sorting by artist name and you can’t change it (at least I can’t figure out how and have been trying / looking through settings for a long time), so I just cannot find what I want when I want to.

I saw this same request had been posted in 2021…

I just don’t understand why it hasn’t been implemented, every other music service’s phone app has this functionality, and it’s essential… It’s especially odd because you can sort for example Artists by name or most played, so the phone app is set up to do it, just not with tracks?

Please add sorting to tracks in some form on the phone iOS app!

I’ve merged your request into the existing Feature Suggestion thread. Don’t forget to vote for it by using the Vote button at the top of the thread…

Ok, boy I sure don’t have high hopes this will be addressed (or even acknowledged) looking at the timestamps on these previous posts…2021!! I guess most people aren’t using phones?

The way it is with Roon, phones are fine for simple playback and the things it can do but for everything more involved you hit limitations all the time, so I think most people use tablets or PCs anyway. Life’s too short and Fire tablets are cheap

I see, I’m new to the platform so just figuring things out. Love how it works overall though. I appreciate the reply!

Some of the limitations on the phone make sense and some - like the track sort - don’t make sense at all (especially now that the ARC app on the same form factor does have track sort).

It’s a bit like this with many things in Roon, but one can get aggravated or instead choose to enjoy the many more things that are great about it :slight_smile: Overall I love it and there’s nothing else that comes close. I hope you enjoy as well.

Side note: Most of that things you find missing or annoying have been found lacking by other people before you, so the forum search before opening a new feature suggestion is helpful. Otherwise, votes get diluted over many similar threads. There are many search filters in the quick search …

and the advanced search is quite powerful too (accessible from the little button in the search entry box)

https://community.roonlabs.com/search?expanded=true