Macbook Pro 2014 OS 10.11.6

Networking Gear & Setup Details

home local area network

Connected Audio Devices

Cambridge Audio streamer

Number of Tracks in Library

ver few, just starting

Description of Issue

I ripped 3 CDs of the music of Bach. Only one is shown when I sort on composers and select Bach. As far as I can tell, all are identified as composed by Bach. Why?

Can you post a screenshot of one of the albums that was not shown? (Tracks and credits view please)

Hmm. I can’t see anything wrong there.

Clutching at straws, I wonder if your JSB is the same as Roon’s. If you look at the credits tab, do you see a picture of him? You say you have just started; if you had no albums identified by Roon when importing that one, then Roon won’t know by default that your Bach is the famous one.

When you sort in the composers page, if you click to get “all composers”, does that help?

(A purely personal view - I wouldn’t have Bach as a performer, just a composer. But that won’t change anything)

The weird thing is that when I Removed Bach from the artist field and filled in the correct orchestra and conductor and ripped the CDs again, they are now correctly identified as Bach compositions. This should not have helped, but it did and I can now find the disc using the artists as well as the composer.
Problem solved. I need to check all fields before I Rip.

Thanks

Hmm again. Nevermind, all working now. Enjoy your music!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.