SoTM / Eunhasu webpage not loading?

I was looking at the sms 200 ultra… But after reading this thread I am having second thoughts.

I asked about the sms 200 ultra on a headfi thread, to use it with a Singxer su-6. Regarding each unit have clocks, would it be redundant? Also someone there mentioned the 200 ultra could not handle hqplayer naa upsampled DSD512 properly. Can anyone here chime in on that?

First of all do you own any SD card reader connected to a computer that you can use to burn the SD card?

I sold my sMS-200ultra after geting sick of all these problems with firmware and SD cards and bought a dCS Network bridge.

Yes, I do. Just bought use Sotm Neo yesterday, I wish I read all the thread about Sotm.

What is the problem with it and why do you think a re-burn will fix it? @Khang_Nguyen1

Have you connected the sMS-200 so you can find it on your network? I use a app called “fing” to see all my devices on my network. If you see the SOtM on the network you can see the IP adress and use this to acces it from a browser.

You bought it second hand right? Did the previous owner have a static IP adress set on it in Eunhasu? If this is the case you need to reset it so it goes back to DHCP.

What are you going to use it with? Roon or any other controlpoint?

I am shure this is possible to fix first time my sMS-200ultra was lost on my network the SD was corrupted and I got a new one and followed SOtM instructions to re-burn it. After a couple of times with bad firmwares last year I could do this in my sleep.

Thanks for help Fredrik. Yes, I bought second hand. I think previous owner not reset. I followed SMS-200 use guide nothing happen, I even access to my router looking for IP but not see Sotm at all. Reset my modem and router, nothing happen, reset Sotm nothing happen too. The owner said he doesn’t have any problem before he ship it to me. He turn off the Sotm before he unplug. Yes I use Roon, I have 2 option. First I try connect to DAC Nad M51 and try Yamaha S-801, Sotm not connect to network. If he not accept return I have to file claim with Paypal. Hope i can send somewhere to fix. Thanks Fredrik.

If you look at the LAN port ont sMS (ethernet connection) does there blink any lights green/orange?

If the previous owner set a static IP in the sMS there is a way to fix it.

Do not forget your static IP address. If you forgot the address, please use the following instructions or reburn micro SD card to reset.

1. power on device.

2. unplug wired LAN cable from device.

3. wait over 15 minutes.

4. plug wired LAN cable again.

5. reboot the device

If there is no activity at the LAN port on the sMS then there is something wrong with the sMS. This happened to mine at some times and a re-burn of the SD card always fixed the problem.

It is not so hard to do a re-burn if you follow the instructions but you need a SD card reader to do it.

I saw your thread. I did 5 step but not work. I see some green/orange lights very slow flashing not all the time. I do have SD card reader, I am not good tech savvy but I will try. I hope I am not mess thing up I can’t return. Thanks again Fredrik

Just be carefull to power it down and disconect all cables to it before you take out the SD card so you dont damage the device.

Hi Fredrik
My card reader not good or something else, it stop in the middle. I try until 2 am still not good. I gave up. Thanks for help Fredrik.

What program do you use to burn the SD card?

Did it stop in the burn process or the “check” process after the card was burned? Did you get any fault messages?

I think card reader stop, MCSD card not found. I try to contact Sotm to order new card let see what they say.

I checked mc sd card nothing there, it empty.

Hi Fredrik
Can I get new mc SD card and download new software? Thanks

Yes you can buy a new SD card get a 16Gb class 10 card that is what SOtM recommends. Have you downloaded the firmware from SOtM?

Hello Fredrik
Finally I did get everything on new mc SD card lol. Would you please step by step how to start Sotm again please? Do i have to reset and what connect first? Thanks

After write new files to the card, I am done? Thanks

The sotm is a fantastic Roon end point. With the latest firmware it sounds fantastic.
But I must admit that anyone owning a Sotm needs to be quite technically minded…

1 Like

Hi Mario.
How to reset and start new card in? Thanks

Just put in the SD card connect ethernet and power then turn it on. If all is ok you will see it in your router after it has booted up.

I did it. MC SD card from previous owner is bad that why. Thanks a lot Fredrik.