SOtM sMS-200 problems connect roon

Hello!
I bought SOtM sms-200. To connect with roon.
I am using roon core in my working PC with win10 x64. Everything is connected via LAN via tp-link tl-wr841n. A mytek 192-dsd dac is connected to the sms-200.
But the roon does not see sms-200.
I open a web eunhasu. I activate the roon. I go into the settings and what I see does not coincide with what should be on the manual, there is no device name in the settings. The screenshot is attached.
I updated sotm and restarted all devices. But it did not help.
What do you advise?

The instructions show what should be like this:

Where do you have Roon installed?

in my working PC with win10 x64

Hi @Illia_Palamarenko,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab?
Is the Mytek connected to the SMS turned on and has the proper input selected?

Now I’m out of place. In the audio settings, there were only internal devices of the PC (system ao, asio, wasapi …). There was nothing external.
Mytek is connected from its USB 2.0 output to the USB audio input of SOTM.

Try turning off your firewall/anti-virus temporarily and see if the SOtM appears. If so, then turn them back on and make sure you exclude RAAT, Roon, RoonServer in the firewall.

Hi @Illia_Palamarenko,

It appears that a firewall may be blocking proper communication through Roon. Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path. I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have.

I turned off all protection. It didn’t give anything.

I also received a response from the SOtM support service:
“The USB device should be connected and recognized to the sMS-200, then you will see sMS-200 in Roon as a network device once you activated Roon ready on Eunhasu web gui.
So, please check the USB device is connected by USB cable well and recognized to the sMS-200, you should check the USB device is ON, and it supports Linux OS and USB audio class 2.0 in advance.”

I tried to connect the SOtM to the Mytek in the second usb connector of Mytek (usb 1.1). SOtM identified the Mytek. In Roon, the sotm was also determined with a Mytek connected to it. But playback fails. An inscription appeared on a slow connection
As I understand it, SOtM cannot identify a Mytek connected via USB 2.0.
What should I do now?

Hello @Illia_Palamarenko,

Roon will only display the device in Settings > Audio when the audio endpoint is available for playback. If there is an error when communicating with the DAC that prevents playback, the device will not appear in Roon.

The Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC is not compatible with Linux. It is not a USB Audio Class 2.0 device and thus it will not work with Linux without the use of a custom driver.

-John

I was puzzled by this situation. I don’t know much about the intricacies, but I thought that if both devices support rune and are connected via USB, they will work together… It would be nice if you indicated this moment (usb incompatibility) on your site. For users who are planning their roon setup. When the streamer is roon ready and the dac is roon tested, and because of the usb driver they do not work together.

Hello @Illia_Palamarenko,

I agree that it would be helpful for users to be able to see this information on our website. I will have our technical team update the Knowledge Base with this information.

Just to clear up any potential confusion, “Roon Tested” does not mean that the device works on all platforms. “Roon Tested” means that we have the device in-house and have verified that it works correctly in supported configurations.

Roon does not interface directly with USB DACs regardless of platform. We rely on the device drivers or the operating system’s built-in drivers to play audio to the DAC. Therefore, it is impossible to guarantee that Roon will work with a given USB DAC, we’re at the mercy of the operating system’s drivers.

-John

1 Like

It was possible to start playback on USB 1.1. The problem was in the LAN SOTM settings. But with the limitation of USB 1.1 -24/96.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.