Sotm tx-usbultra

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Roon 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

IFI PRO IDSD connected by USB cable to my windows 10 server

Description Of Issue

I would like to upgrade my systen and install SOTM TX-USBultra between the roon windows server and the IFI DAC.

Will ROON still identify the IFI PRO iDSD through its ASIO driver, and pass MQA and DSD512 streams?

Hello @Haim_Sheffer1, I spoke to our team about your question and they noted that the device should work just fine in theory, please let me know if you have issues with it.

Thanks a lot.
What about Sotm Sms200 ultra?.
If I connect it to the IFI pro and use it as Roon end point, will I be able to listen to MQA music and DSD512 music on my IFI pro?

Hello @Haim_Sheffer1, I checked with the team and it looks like when connected via USB, the IFI supports MQA. I’ve also moved your post to the audio products section so other users can chime in with their experience and help you get the right device for you.

Thanks a lot
Let me clarify -
I plan to use the SMS-200 as roon endpoint.
If I play MQA tracks in Roon (from my windows 10 roon server), will my IFI PRO (that will be connected by USB to the SMS-200) identify these tracks as MQA tracks?

If you have it configured correctly, yes it should.

I have had the sMS-200ultra neo and the tX-USBultra for about a year now and I have had no issues with them using DSD 512 or MQA (used MQA when I had a trial of Tidal).

1 Like

Thanks
Which Dac do you use ?

When I was trying MQA I was using a Mytek Brooklyn

Good afternoon, I have about the same set-up: sms200ultra to tx-usbultra to Brooklyn DAC+. All works okay but internet radio keeps failing randomly. Do you have this experience too? Thank you for any help!

I do not have any problems with Internet radio.
As a matter of fact, ROON support configured for me all Hebrew stations in my country Israel.
Kudu to them…

Hello Haim, thank you for your reply. In my setup everything works okay except internet radio. If I stream direct through Shairport in Eunhasu it works it works 24/7 but through Roon it drops after 5…20 minutes. Tried everything without result. Did you have any “special” settings in Roon or SMS200? Thank you for your help!
Best regards, Ton

No mate.
I use Roon ready option in Eunhasu.
The setup is attached.
I suggest you open a ticket in Roon

Good afternoon Haim, thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it. Looking at the Roonready picture I get the exact some info, but Mytek instead off IFI. Signal path is identical to. Could you send me a picture of your network settings (in. System set-up) too please? My best guess it’s some network issue. Thank you once again for your kind help. Best regards, Ton

I have all devices connected in same wireline network, All are connected to EtherRegen audiophile switch . Network cables are Supra CAT-8 .
Roon core is windows 10 server - connected to port in side A of the switch,
Sotm SMS200ultra is connected to port B of the switch and is connected by TQ black USB cable to Sotm TX-USBultra that is connected by TQ Silver USB cable to my DAC - IFI PRO IDSD. The DAC is connected by Naim Hi-Line cable to Naim Supernait 3 integrated amplifier. My speakers are Monitor Audio Platinum ii. They are connected to the amplifier with TQ Ultra Black cables .
No flaws with Roon Radio or any Roon album. SQ is awesome.

Hello Haim, thank you for your reply. Meantime I have reset all settings in Roon, including codecs, subscriptions and most off all: network settings! After re-installation all has been running flawless. I would call it “cured”.
I’m not surprised you have awesome SQ, quit a set-up you have there!

Happy listening, Ton

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.