Sound Not Synchronized When Grouping Zones

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus Core, Lindemann Limetree Bridge (Zone 1), B&W Formation Wedge (Zone 2)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Telus (Local Telecomm) T3200M Modem Connected via Ethernet to Asus AC3000 Router. Additional AC3000 on Main Floor

Connected Audio Devices

Naim ND5XS (used only as DAC) connected to Limetree Bridge and Bryston B-100

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I’m having an annoying problem. I recently bought a B&W Formation Wedge wireless speaker to give me a 2nd Zone in my home. Both the Lindemann Limetree Bridge and the Wedge are Roon Ready. When I first “grouped” the 2 Zones everything was fine. But I’ve since noticed a couple of problems. When I shut down the system for a while (or overnight) then start it up audio from the 2 zones is out of sync with one zone about 1 second behind the other. I can usually fix it by ungrouping the zones then grouping them again. Now there’s a further problem. I was listening to one of my Playlists on Tidal. The audio was out of synch on the first track so I ungrouped and grouped. That fixed the problem, but then whenever a new track started to play, it was once again out of synch. I have a strong home WiFi network with no other issues. Is there a fix for this?

Hey @Laurie_Long,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know the behavior you’re experiencing — thank you for your patience too while we’re catching up after the holiday weekend.

I wonder, if you play to each individual zone (ungrouped) do you experience any delays in Roon starting the playback?

Is your second AC3000 set to Bridge Mode (please, see here if needed)

Are you using any managed switches, by any chance?