Sound Quality You Can Expect

I think you’ll find many — if not most — people here are using separate endpoints (ranging from RPi to BlueNote to Lumin) and DACs (there are several very active threads here on this) and amplifiers. So I don’t know personally what you can expect from your integrated chain with built in DAC. I believe both Airplay and chrome cast will be somewhat limiting to hi-res files. But I warn you that this way lies danger- you can spend infinite money on upgrades. So if you want more control, you’ve come to the right place. But I fear that relatively few folks here have a chain like yours and will be able to give much unbiased advice on what you should experience in this environment. Whether you are talking to the “bits is bits” or the “it’s what you hear” teams, neither one is likely to have a similar chain.

I’d advise you to check out a couple of threads here:

And begin to calibrate. Which doesn’t mean that you can’t use Roon with more budget equipment (there’s a fair community of people who use Schiit, Khadas, and other budget equipment scattered around even if in the minority), but I think you’ll find that folks here gravitate to separation of concerns in the audio chain.

Others may have a better concrete answer to the OPs question. Good luck!

2 Likes