Soundtracks Anybody?

Notorious in the public mind, but, the movie of his that left the most impression (not necessarily good) was a Zed and two Naughts.

1 Like

Nino Rota - there’s another Italian soundtrack giant. Arguably best known for The Godfather.

In keeping with the Fellini theme:

Nino Rota

Rather poor DR on this particular release. I suspect an original '76 release would have a far wider DR or later reissue.

@Nostro
cool…i’ll give a listen… i love glass harmonica

1 Like

Oh - perhaps - I’m far from the expert.

I struggle to remember films post a certain age in my life. I think as I lost interest & music began to dominate, I retain most things about music & movies fall by the wayside.

Typical of the way I like soundtracks but invariably haven’t seen the movies, nor do I think about doing so. Sure, if something pops up on tv, due to a soundtrack I love, it may interest me.

RoonShareImage-637214663406145427

3 Likes

RoonShareImage-637214665206861267

2 Likes

8 Likes

The Paris, Texas soundtrack was SO much more interesting than the film, which bored me to tears.

“one from the heart” was/is one of my early soundtrack loves. I gotta dig that one out again.

Great playing and amazing bass in this one:

Skyfall-Roon

2 Likes

Can’t say I’ve seen it in years…however, at the time I vividly recall loving most things about it. Wim Wenders direction, Harry Dean Stanton (who I really liked afterward) & Nastassja Kinski. I was always intrigued with her being Klaus’ daughter.

The stark cinematography, the actors combined with that soundtrack was a winner for me!

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637215032681860728

RoonShareImage-637215043040213049

2 Likes

5 Likes

There was a repeated BBC programme about film scores. Lots of the composers themselves talking.
Score: Cinema’s Greatest Soundtracks: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0002pf6 via @bbciplayer

1 Like

'Round Midnight, one of my favourite Jazz tunes…

3 Likes

Aren’t we forgetting something?

RoonShareImage-637214968811681030

4 Likes

speaking of 007
Capture

1 Like

4 Likes

Star Wars is always fun and it even looks great with holographic Tie-fighter on my turntable…

@tby - nice find. Didn’t know this had been released. Added to my library :slight_smile:

@ ged
What makes a film score unforgettable? Featuring Hans Zimmer, James Cameron, Danny Elfman, John Williams, Quincy Jones and Trent Reznor, amongst many others…

Looks excellent - would love to watch that & will try over the coming nights.

Thanks for the heads up here ged. :sunglasses:

Ok…here’s a fav of mine. The prolific Lalo Schifrin

Lalo

There’s been a number of reissues & remakes of this. I’d suggest to avoid the remakes.

This is often said by the ‘critics’ to be the best action/cop movie soundtracks of the 60’s. That’s a big call given the breadth of choice. However, I will say this is certainly a definitive soundtrack…jazzy, funky & with a big sound.

3 Likes