Soundtracks Anybody?

RoonShareImage-637215418942431734

6 Likes

3 Likes

12 Likes

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis
The Assassination of Jesse James

One of my favourite soundtracks in more recent times. Essentially, piano (Cave), violin (Ellis), with some occasional band/string support. I think this soundtrack unquestionably meets the brief & is resonant with the expansive landscape that unfolds on the wide screen. And it’s this music that accentuates ones perception of the film.

5 Likes

Bernard Herrmann
Taxi Driver

Bernard Herrmann

4 Likes

Not a great film. Brilliant soundtrack

Great movie and music. One of Pacino’s most underrated performances.

6 Likes

Lisa Gerrard (Dead Can Dance) & part time Dead Can Dance member & producer Pieter Bourke - can’t wait to hear this one.

Thank you anon55914447 :sunglasses:

1 Like

No problem. In fact I’m listening to the Arrival OST now and I had forgotten what a thing of wonder and majesty it is.

2 Likes

I have this on LP, and it’s one of my favourites. Every other Rhapsody in Blue performance gets compared to this in mind and every one seems to come up short. The Side B pieces are great, too.

1 Like

Miles actually disowned this later in his career - but I think that says more about Miles’ later career than this record! I really like it, and wish the films of Louis Malle were better known than they are. For me he’s as good or better than his contemporaries Goddard and Truffaut. If I had to grab one movie from my burning house it would probably be his Milou en Mai.

1 Like

I didn’t know about Miles disowning this record; why would he do that, it is perfect music for this movie! And yes, Louis Malle was a great director. I like his ‘Zazie dans le Métro’, ‘Le Feu Follet’ and, of course, ‘Au revoir les enfants’…

1 Like

This is another version I enjoy immensely:

RoonShareImage-637217010068385370

1 Like

Cool, I’ll check it out. . .

Dinosaur music, really. Streaming or not … :sunglasses:

Anyway, in a soundtrack thread John Williams should get a mention.

RoonShareImage-637217266998065320

5 Likes

1 Like

7 Likes

4 Likes

Trivia post - Peter Gabriel’s music for The Last Temptation of Christ was also used by Momix back in 1990 for Passion. Brilliant marriage of music and movement.

1 Like

Worth it for Cavatina alone :slight_smile:

1 Like