Spaces in directories / SMB share

Please can you fix the issue whereby the files are ignored aka “IO Failure” if the directory has a trailing space? This is difficult to spot sometimes. Thanks.

e.g.

/media/somerandomshare/album1 /somemusic.flac. This is noted in the “skipped files” section.

One should really try and avoid using spaces in shares, otherwise you’re going to have to pay attention. Substituting "\ " or “%20” without the quotes may work.

I agree, but like I said, difficult to spot, especially with thousands of album directories.

I’ve often wondered if Roon should have a Preview/Test Run version of Import that goes through an accelerated test import to report back issues that can be resolved prior to doing a real import.

1 Like

Hi @malla,

I’ve passed this along to the team for investigation. We appreciate the report!

1 Like

Hi @malla,

With the additional information that you sent via PM the team was able to reproduce this behavior and we have a ticket open with our development team. I can’t provide any specific timeframes here but will be sure to keep you updated when we have more information available.

Thanks again for the report!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.