Speakers with Roon

I really feel so easy to use with Roon everywhere and my usage is increasing. Since I am getting high quality music with qobuz and better media, I am thinking to replace google chromecast devices. Appreciate to share what speakers one is using and if possible with support to google assist. Appreciate it.

JBL Link range have Google assistant and wok well with Roon via Chromecast. Not what ones have GA and are Roon Ready though,

1 Like

I guess it depends on what you need from Google Assist. But Google stopped 3rd parties from using ‘Conversational Actions’ last year, which limits the level of deep voice integration they can offer.

1 Like

Thanks. In that case, I may need separate speaker unless google provides better one.

“Chromecast Inside” speakers work pretty well with Roon. There are a number of threads about this on the forum. I use stereo pairs of Nest Audio speakers in two rooms. And some Google Minis. And a Chromecast Audio for another setup.

Unfortunately, Google Assistant won’t work with Roon aside from the simple commands “pause”, “resume”, “louder”, “quieter”, and “stop”. And those only with speakers that also contain a microphone.

1 Like