Spectrum Internet WiFi 6 Router (SAX1V1K)

@connor, will do on both your points.

Taking Roon ARC (boy the “ARC” acronym/audio-return-channel, is getting crowded; Sonos Arc, Roon ARC, eARC…) on the road in my car this morning; so pleased too, now, not have to replicate all my Roon playlists in TIDAL, and have my legacy file library available for mobile (YT and/or AMZN music has my library available for mobile, BUT, they can’t give me the discography of who produced “What’s Going On”, or tell me about Sir James Jamerson with clickable links etc.)

Roon is now my core library/architecture/app/streamer/artist informer for home/mobile, and I’ll be happily renewing my annual in April or whenever my sub lapses!

LOVE THIS! (mobile Roon)

1 Like

@connor this will be my last for this thread.

Just drove 10 miles from my core, two 15 minutes trips (there and back); while there were 3-4 momentary dropouts; the Roon ARC behaved as expected and sounded great!, even on “low quality”. :sparkling_heart:

• I have the PLAYBACK: “Automatically pick best quality” setting toggle enacted (that picks “low quality”)
  • I’ll play around with CELLULAR: Original format; CD quality etc. settings

Desktop “Roon ARC” setting’s tab remains at “Not Ready etc”. The diagnostics data tab does not fill in anything.

1 Like

Hi @Joshua_Nelson,

Great feedback. We’re putting a lot of work into playback stability right now, so I anticipate that the dropouts should become less frequent in the coming days and weeks.

Please keep us posted if this changes at any point (feel free to PM or start a new topic in #arc-testing if this thread is closed). In the meantime, we’ll be investigating the UI around Core connectivity and use this information in the ticket.

If you don’t mind, I’m going to “freeze” this thread once it auto-closes in two days and move it over to #arc-testing:port-forwarding-troubleshooting as a guide to other testers with your ISP and router moving forward. I’ll add some brief editorial notes to help clarify steps which might not be necessary.

@connor sounds good on auto-freezing this thread; starting a new one, if necessary; whatever process works best for your team! Certainly, your editorial annotations will be most instructive as a guide for those to come with Spectrum routers et al., lol!

One last item of feedback…

• After using the Roon ARC app., mobile-ly, away from my core and upon returning home…
  • When I wake my laptop/core device (the display, as the hard disk is set to not sleep)
  • Roon WIN10 desktop app starts play a track, that was dialed up in the desktop app., not ARC
  • It’s done this both times I’ve used Roon ARC in a mobile capacity, away from my core device

Thanks, again, for all your support, my good Roon Labs Sirs’! @connor @Rugby @DaveN

fin

1 Like

If you mean that Roon starts playing by itself, when previously it was paused, that is a bit weird. But if you mean that the track that’s displayed at the bottom of the screen (on your laptop) is the same as it was before you used ARC, this is expected behaviour. The Roon app indicates the last zone you were playing, but only within your LAN (i.e. local devices, not ARC).

-yes this is the core point

-yes this is also the case

OK, so the latter is to be expected, but the former - assuming that you core/laptop wasn’t playing music when you shut the lid - does warrant further investigation.

1 Like

Sounds good to, to confirm I was not playing music. This phenom did not happen the last time I used Roon ARC and then came back to my laptop. It’s now happened 2/3 times I’ve used rArc mobile.

1 Like

Hey @Joshua_Nelson,

We’ll take a look at your Core logs as this is highly unusual behavior. Roon ARC doesn’t function like a Roon Remote; the app shouldn’t have been able to influence playback on a Zone which was already playing in Roon.

Since I’m about to crystalize this into a Wiki in the #arc-testing:port-forwarding-solved section, I’ll follow up in a new thread with @Joshua_Nelson when we find a clue in logs.