Splash screen quotes not readable - Configurable display time please? [Closed - No longer implement]

This is still an issue. IMO the quotes should be removed, or they should stay up a few seconds longer so you have time to read.

Really would be nice to have a few extra seconds to read the quotes or give the option to view them in some other window or screen.

1 Like

I enjoy the quotes too but I wouldn’t want it to extend the process of Roon opening. Maybe just have a spot in overview for the last presented quote to exist. That may not be the right place…I’m just saying I don’t want the splash quotes to make Roon take longer to open.

Wow here it is 2019 and it does the same thing.
As a newby that doesn’t stand well with me.
What other things get overlooked?
It seems like a simple fix extending the time it shows.

1. Almost five years since this thread has been opened. This could be the most obvious of all Roon bugs, since nobody can help but notice it on startup. It gives a bad impression of the software at the very first glance, it should be fixable in a snap, and yet nobody seems to care.
1 Like

I’d like to see some kind of user adjustable time-out setting on these or just make them six or seven seconds. It’s not like you are fully closing and reopening Roon all of the time. And it’s part of the fun.

Whatever it is, they cannot make it worse. Three seconds are too short to read most of those quotes. If they need more than five years to get rid of this, then something is wrong in development. After all, this is the first thing you see of Roon, and it’s seriously annoying.

2 Likes

I could actually do without this. I would not want to do anything to slow down the start-up of Roon.

Agree, this an a few other things could do with a simple on/off toggle. The Audio Analysis can be disabled (has always been like that - I keep them off), so why not start up quotes?

I’m not bothered by the quotes myself.
An option to toggle them off shouldn’t really be a challenge for the programmers either.

But for those running Windows, wanting to read these, check out the file:
C:\Users\insert your user name here\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\100700528\quotes.db.txt

Happy reading, and take your time!

Yes, when I empty this file on my Windows PC (used as remote, not core) quotes are gone on startup. The 528 in the folder name seems to correspond to build number so in my case it was 100700555.

I am a non-native English speaker. I’m also dyslectic. Both things are not in fever of the very fast disappearance of the splash screen quotes.

I would suggest that de developers simply add in the settings the possibility of the time someone wants the quotes to be visible (in seconds), with 0 seconds to disable the quotes (not everyone wants those quotes).

I hope, after 5 years (yes indeed, this thread is more than 5 years old!), Roon is able to modify the timing-issue of this, in my opinion, nice quotes.
Kind regards, Frank.

This is all way to complicated at takes away development resources from more important tasks.

Roon should finally get rid of this stupid screen. We are in 2020 after all. Splash screens are a thing of the ancient past.

If someone feels this quote collection is important to them, Roon could link em for download on the webpage.

1 Like

Each time I open Roon, there is a quote from a famous person. However, I cannot read them as they come up only to instantly disappear.

Is there a way to stop this so I can read what these people said?

It seems a shame to have quotes from such influential people with no way to read them.

Hi, there are no options in Roon so I’ve moved your topic to the #roon:feature-requests.

For your convenience:
download ROON quotes
I posted the download link on 4th of April in following thread after extracting the quotes from my windows machine…
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/startup-quotes-how-to-keep-them/100441
… enjoy!

1 Like

I just change my quotes when I want.

Thank you kindly.

1 Like

…most welcome you are…

1 Like

Non one has lost a positive word yet about the fact that the often discussed quotes are actually scaling properly since the last release!

Roon’s development team is listening to us, after all… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like