Spotify Connect on your RoonBridged Pi - the even quicker & easier way

Hi Henrik,

Any chance you could share your settings (/etc/default/raspotify & /lib/systemd/system/raspotify.server) for getting Raspotify to work with the Justboom Digi Hat? I also have this configuration but haven’t had any success getting it working yet (I previously had Raspotify working via a USB Audio device).

Thanks, Ian

Hi, I’m having the same issue…Spotify sees the Pi, connects, and appears to be playing, but no sound comes out! We’re you able to resolve the issue?

I also tried the suggestion below and still no luck (–device plughw:Audio)

Thanks!

–device plughw:CARD=Audio

Hi! Thanks…in another thread, I found that I needed to do aplay -L to see my card’s name which is Digital so I did

–device plughw:CARD=Digital

and now it works! Yay! Thanks everyone!

Great feature.

Is there a way to make raspotify available to a guest wifi network as well?

If you connect a device by Spotify connect to you endpoint via your normal network once you will be able to connect from outside your network even from outside your home so this would work for a guest WiFi afterward but they would need access to begin with so you would have to delete the details after your done :slight_smile: . If your solely trying to connect via a guest WiFi and it has no access to your internal network then you’ll need to work out how to bridge it so it can talk to your device inside your network. I guess something to do with ports. Not sure what port Spotify connect works on.

I’m on the train home now and Spotify sees my connect devices at home and I can set it going to annoy her in doors.

Looks like it doesn’t see Raspotify clients though only my official ones oh well.

It does once you fill out your Spotify credentials in /etc/default/raspotify.

1 Like

ah never did that so makes sense

Last night i installed Raspotify on dietpi and works well.

Just wondering is there a way to have the volume fixed? Also is straightfoward to amend to 320 bitrate within dietPi?

Nope it uses a software mixer that’s not tied to Alsa level. If your device is fixed then it will work in the parameters of the Alsa config. So if your fixed on Alsa at 100% it will be 100% on full volume. If your Alsa volume is set to say 50% then this will map to 100% in Raspotify.

You can set it in the Raspotify config file to always start at a certain volume though to get around this so set it at 100%. Same goes for the bitrate. File is located in/etc/default/raspotify instructions are on git.

1 Like

Thanks SImon.

Hi… Ive tried everything. two different installations (raspotify and another shown here which appears as Spotify connect) and the same result. In raspotify all is appearing good but the dac (USB gets no input). In the other, it just will not connect. Tried to change the config file for device but doing something wrong. Can someone spend the time and copy paste from start to finish the whole installation and config procedure. I’m going crazy. No shh experience at all. just trying things out, getting it wrong until I mess up roon playback also!!! Please help!!! . SBC is Allo USBridge running Dietpi and DAC Mytek Brooklyn. THANK YOU>

I know I’m reviving an old thread but is there an updated installation process for Raspotify (or whatever other Spotify-Connect client) on DietPi? The Raspotify installer fails on DietPi OS.

Just use ropieee.org

Unfortunately Ropiee will not work as I’m on a RPI Zero and there’s no way going to RPI2 or 3 due to the nature of the project.