Spotify Superpremium on the way? Maybe 🤷‍♂️

Just saw that Spotify Superpremium is (rumoured to be!) officially coming.

Will Roon now work towards integration, since lossless audio would make this worthwhile?

I pay for Spotify for the family anyway, so I could cancel Tidal if Roon integrates Spotify. I can’t be the only one in that situation.

Question to Qobuz users, how is it for rock, electronic, independent music? I’m not a huge listener of jazz or classical, which I believe is Qobuz’s forte. Is that right?

4 Likes

Can you provide your source?

You won’t see the integration. Roon have tried in the past. I doubt it’ll ever happen.

Was leaked in a Reddit post last month. Codename: ‘Nemo’. Someone did some digging around in the App’s code and found references to it. It’s been long rumoured and was delayed for a time.

Superpremium service now has a flashy logo and a longer list of features beyond the 24-bit lossless audio we’ve been anticipating. In fact, the broader feature set appears to be set to include the recently discovered AI playlist generation tools, advanced mixing tools, additional hours of audiobook listening and a personalized offering called “Your Sound Capsule.”

Image Credits: Chris Messina on Threads

Hi @Formula

I feel we are all aware of the rumours of Spotify Lossless.

But @Mike_Betts says it’s official.

Chris from Threads.net isn’t official :man_shrugging:

No offense but I would change the thread name, Supremium isn’t official until Spotify says it is. I clicked into this thread expecting to read a press release from Spotify.

Spotify Hifi/Supremium has been leaking for years. There are even onboarding videos from 2021 Spotify's HiFi plans leak on Reddit - Hypebot

I do believe Supremium going to launch late/early next year though. But who can honestly tell at this point.

2 Likes

You wrote the above, but I read

I do believe Supremium going to launch late/early next century though

:rofl:

6 Likes

It’s just like nuclear fusion, always 1~2 years away.

4 Likes

You’re right - sorry!
It was reported on Techcrunch, and I only glanced at the story.
Didn’t notice it was not from Spotify themselves!

1 Like

Apologies - changed!

2 Likes

They’re certainly taking their time!

1 Like

Definitely no rushing them :wink:

1 Like

It’s all good @Mike_Betts

I got all excited for a moment.

Like you I have Spottylossy for the family.

2 Likes

I’ve moved this thread from the #roon category into the #audio-gear-talk:music-services category. Thanks for your understanding.

2 Likes

And I hope you don’t mind @Mike_Betts I’ve popped a ‘Maybe’ in the threads title.

1 Like

While I don’t have any info other than public rumors, I sincerely hope it will appear this year. I have even updated our firmware to be ready for it, in case it does becomes a reality.

3 Likes

I actually think the arrogance of Spotify in all this is the worst part, they’ve treated their customer base appallingly.
To promise something, fail to deliver by the deadline, wait a month before saying anything…
It’s a shame people didn’t jump ship more and help make the likes of Qobuz, Tidal and Deezer better.

Spotify don’t deserve my money.

9 Likes

Spotify won’t be integrating with Roon, but the reason lies not with Roon but rather with Spotify’s private ecosystem. Spotify aims to maintain control over their application, enforcing the use of their exclusive app and Spotify Connect ecosystem.

1 Like

Interesting @Gracjan_Deresz
Can you think of an example that bears this out, ie what have Spotify declined to do, that Tidal/Deezer/Amazon have done?

1 Like