Squeezebox Boom Display Settings don't seem to do anything[Ticket In]

Great that my old SB Radios and Booms are supported. The Boom audio setup page accessed via roon gives the impression that display settings can be altered, but that page seems to make no difference when settings are applied. Did this work or is it a regression ? Thanks so much!

(also - I need to keep a remote around just to power it off as otherwise the playing track just persists indefinitely, and the unit power button does nothing when in roon mode – switching into mysqueezebox - + key - it works normally)

Hi, @Gordon_Cameron, thanks for you report! I can reproduce the thing that Display settings cannot be changed via Roon interface, and I put a ticket for our dev team, I hope that they will fix them.

As for the second question, we display standby screen when the Queue is empty (no upcoming tracks) and the playback of the following track has finished.

Sorry for the inconveniences!

Ivan

1 Like

Thanks so much for the response, and for taking a look into display issue, much appreciated!

As another data point, I’ll add that the display settings also do nothing on my Transporter. E.g., I prefer the Analog VU Meters visualizer, but it always used the frequency spectrum visualizer. It also always uses the Roon logo for sleep mode, despite having “Clock” selected.

Cheers

@support What is the status of this fix? I have a Squeezebox 3 and I cannot change my display settings at all through roon either.

I am running roon 1.5 build 363 on windows 10 pro 64bit

Another note is that even when I use my remote to cycle through the display modes, there is always text (artist/trackname) superimposed over all backgrounds. I specifically want to display the spectrum analyzer with no text overlay at all, which seems to be an option in the roon settings interface, but non-functional even when selecting via the squeezebox remote.

Thanks.

Hello Nathaniel,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that this ticket is still in our development queue. This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris @support ,

I have a Transporter and SB3’s and started a trial of Roon a couple of days ago. I too have found the the Roon configuration options for displays (e.g. VU meters) has no effect, and the display stays locked on the default spectrum analyser.

To help me decide on purchasing Roon, do you have any idea yet when this will be fixed?..!

Thanks,

Mark

Hello @Mark_Newman,

This ticket is still in the backlog but we will try to get to it in a future release although I cannot comment on a specific timeline.

– Noris

Thanks @noris

Nucleus->Ethernet->Transporter. (I am a network guy so let’s rule out the Ethernet, I already ran wireshark and there are no Ethernet errors)

Transporter plays but only with default values.

None of the settings are working for the transporter, I can make a change and save it but it does not change anything on the Transporter. Also there are NO options in the time zone slot so all I get is default time zone.

LMS is not running so there is no conflict. All I get is song name, improper time, digital spectrum analyzer screen. Everything works under LMS just not Roon on the Neclues.

Thanks
Matt

Roon support for the Transporter display, as well the Squeezebox Touch screen, is very basic and what you are seeing is all there is. The two way communication between the Transporter and LMS is just not there between the Transporter and Roon.

For me the trade off of the interactive Transporter and Touch for the rich metadata of Roon is well worth it. Besides one can use the Roon app on a mobile device to view the “now playing” screen and see all the information and more that was formerly displayed on the Transporter and Touch screens.

I have seen it working on other transporters and there are even photos of the display working properly in this forum. So from my point of view I want to work on resolving the issue. But thanks for your reply… helpful or not.

No problem.

Now what exactly do you mean by “working properly”? All I can manage to get is artist and the song title on the right hand side and something that looks a frequency (?) or amplitude graphic on the left hand side - regardless of how many times I’ve tried to change the settings. So if you do manage to get the display “working properly” please tell me how you did it :smile:

Apparently the problem is a regression from a working state and is back to development for attention.

And I do not get Artist… just song but then again I have a clock albeit with the wrong time zone.

On a side note… The transporter still sounds pretty good compared to a lot of the modern options.

Agreed! The Transporter may have been the most forward thinking of any piece of audio playback equipment ever made. 15+ years and the Transporter still holds its own with present day equipment. But more importantly the streaming music world is finally catching up to the Transporter and LMS - and that’s mainly due to Roon. Amazing!

particularly now that one can get one for <$500.

That’s true. Personally I would go with a Google Chromecast and a DAC with HDMI input or a home theater receiver. I have one connected to a Marantz HTR and it sounds great and plays 24bit/96kHz, same as the Transporter.

more wires, fewer meters and cool retro (if faux) rack handles. i’m happy with my transporters (i have two).

Any news on this?

Hello @Matt_Jost,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that this ticket is still in our review queue. This means our team is still planning to look at this, but it has not reached the dev team’s queue yet.

Once the ticket has been reviewed by the dev team and any new updates regarding this issue are posted, I will be sure let you know. Thanks in advance for your patience!

– Noris