Squeezebox Standby is not working from iPads / iPhone / nor Crestron control

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus 1.7 (build 505)
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Squeezebox Transporter / Squeezebox3 / Squeezebox2

Description Of Issue

All squeezeboxs, once powered on and playing, cannot be put back into “Standy Mode” from either the iPad Roon interface, nor the Crestron module. Sending the Standby command simply put the device into MUTE, but does not put the device into Standby.

Roon has options to show clock, or logo, but it is sort of pointless to have this cool option if you can’t get the software to put it into this state!

If you use a squeezebox remote, and hit the “power” button, it does properly put the device in standby.

Is this something that can be addressed?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @Chris_Heilig,

Can I please ask that you reproduce this issue via one of your Roon Remotes/Clients and note the exact local time + date when you press the power button and which Roon Remote/Client you used to perform the action? I’d like to take a look at diagnostics.

In addition to sending the mute command, do you see the track pause as well?

at 9:42 PM PDT I used the Windows Roon remote/client to put the Only Squezzebox transporter into standby (but it only muted instead.

at 9:43 PM PDT I used the same windows Roon Client to play music again(by hitting play button).

at 9:44 P< PDT I used the iPhone Room remote/client to put the Same Squeezebox Transporter (named theater) into standby (but again, it is only muting it).

The only way to get it into standby is to actually hit the power button on the Squeezebosx remote (that i know of)

at 9:46 PM PDT I used the squeezebox remote (power button) to turn the device to the true standby

I hope this helps. Let me know if i can do more.

Chris

Sorry for the confusion, it is not muting. It is pausing the track. I have no idea why I wrote MUTE, i meant PAUSE in my original report. DUH

It looks like we are in PST not daylight savings anymore, so all of my reports are PST.

Hi @Chris_Heilig,

Thanks for letting me know those timestamps. I have activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action should do is automatically upload a log set to our servers, but I am not seeing this report being delivered.

Can I please request that you manually send me a copy of your logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to me would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link, but if you don’t have either service let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Here is the link

Thanks,
Chris

Hi @Chris_Heilig,

Thanks for sending those log files over, I will pass them on to the technical team for closer inspection and will let you know their feedback.

+1.

Tried remotely via Tablet and PC. No standby. Needs to be turned off by original remote.

Thanks for the bump Ulrik.

@Noris,

Can you let me know the feedback from the technical team here?

This issue, and the issue raised here “Squeezebox time displayed in UTC [Ticket In]” with the inability to change time zones (so the clock always is wrong) are pretty achievable bugs to squash i would think.

Hello @Chris_Heilig.

I spoke to the hardware team regarding this behavior and they have been able to reproduce this behavior with the Squeezebox gear they have in the lab. The issue has been reported to the dev team and has been added to the queue, once I have more information to share I will be sure to let you know, thanks!

Hi @Chris_Heilig,
thank you for logging this issue.

Hi @noris,
I‘d like to confirm this behavior for a Squeezebox Transporter and Squeezebox Radio as well.

As soon as the queue is completely cleared, the device goes into standby mode, but as long as there is any track in the queue, sending the device to standby does not have any effect whatsoever.

Thanks,
Thore

Hey @noris,

Any progress on this issue? I would love to get this one working!

Thanks you in advance for any update.

Patiently waiting…

Chris :slight_smile:

Hi @Chris_Heilig,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our development queue. This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

1 Like

hi @noris - I was interested if this is progressing, since I have exactly the same issue - Squeezebox (transporter) cannot be put to standby mode. This thread speaks about doing this from the handheld device, and i tried the same from using the PC Roon interface, where it is not possible to put the Transporter into standby - please advice…

I don’t know how important this is to you, but standby mode doesn’t affect power draw in any way.

If you want to show a different display then of course I understand.

Yeah - that was the point - in standby mode it can show a clock… I agree the standby mode doesn’t mean a lot to save power :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Lars_Floe1,

If you try to clear your play queue, does your Squeezebox go into standby mode as other users have mentioned? If so, we have a ticket regarding this, and I can add your report to the ticket!

@noris when I use the off button with a populated queue nothing happens - the player keeps on playing
When I use the off button when the queue is empty the stremas stops, but the player does not go into sleep mode, to display the clock, which was my point.

Ive tried it from both the PC clicent and the ios app.

Hi @Lars_Floe1,

How do you have your Device Setup configured for the zone?
Do you have the screensaver turned on there?