Squeezelite and Squeezebox Problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Zenith Mk.3

Music Server Online

Serial Number: 1903000011351

Powered by innuOS version 1.4.7

Roon 1.7 build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Xfinity XFi cable internet. Most recently measure at 481 mbps down and 23 mbps up.
XFi modem etherneted to Eero Pro Wifi 6 router. Several other Eero Pro 6 Wifi mesh network routers on network. One of these in my listening room is either Etherneted to an SOtM sNH-10G hifi network switch. Innuos Zenith Mk3 is also Etherneted to this switch. Zenith Mk3 houses the Roon core above with Squeezelite Player. USB cable out from the Zenith to Innuos Phoenix USB reclocker. USB out from reclocker goes to USB in on DAC that is normally played in Roon as the Squeezebox device.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Per above.

Description of Issue

In Roon > Audio I normally see Squeezebox as one of the available devices. However, now I am seeing a message which says “Searching for Squeezebox devices. If you don’t see your Squeezebox devices here, make sure that LMS is turned off”. However:

1. How do I turn off LMS and where do I turn it off?
    I have tried turning off Roon on my Zenith rebooting it and turning it back on. I have disabled Squeezebox Support in Roon > Settings. Then I turned Roon with Squeezlite and Squeezebox Support back on in the Zenith and my Roon iOS iPhone app, respectively. But it doesn’t establish Squeezebox support and eliminate the above message.

Guess you just updated to 1.4.7? If so, i would contact innuos. I have not updated to 1.4.7 yet.
Hope you can solve the issue.

Hi. This issue with Squeezelite and Squeezebox just started happening with 1.4.6. Previously it wasn’t happening with InnuOS 1.4.6. This problem continues with 1.4.7. Do you have an Innuos Roon core device and do you have this problem with Squeezelite and Squeezebox? Thanks.

Hi Richard,

Fellow user just wanting to point out that you should probably contact Innuos on the issue since it is their implementation you are having issues with.

Roon supports Squeezebox devices, that is Squeezebox hardware as an endpoint. Roon does not support Squeezelite or other software implementations. Using such outputs falls under Tinkering.

Have you reviewed Roon’s FAQ on Squeezebox device setup.

This might be a relevant paragraph:

Just as a side note, while I normally use my Micro, Ultra and Optical ‘Rendus as Roon Ready devices, Roon does see and work correctly with all of them as Squeezlite devices. That’s no help to the OP but at least Squeezelite works with some hardware.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.