Stable release 2018/09/01 (160)

Switch everything off if you haven’t already done so. Switch it on in stages starting at the POP router through to your end points. Make sure everything initialises and comes up before moving on.

Hi Harry,

I have noticed a small issue with the latest release (I think).

Previously, every morning (after nightly reboot) Ropieee touchscreen would show the clock. Recently, I noticed it is showing the empty album art placeholder.

I always keep my DAC turned off at night, so Ropieee can’t connect to the zone right after reboot. Maybe the recent updates have changed how Ropieee handles that.

Thanks,
Darius

2 Likes

Hi Darius,

Thanks for reporting. There are more that reported this.
Looking into this!

Regards Harry

2 Likes

yup yup yup … all 3 of mine do it unless I start playing something to the endpoint then its all good…I set my reboots to weekly so lessens the issue

Im still having issues with the touchscreen, running 20180909-4. Do i just need to reinstall the image of my Pi?

Edit: Looks like the issue is with my Touch UI as it is stuck on 8-19. How do i update that?

One of my screens has a mouse pointer in the top left corner…I think my OSMC remote is plugged in to that one…it’s the screen that the touch panel doesn’t work any longer :blush: but the pointer is not controllable? @spockfish tell me I’m onto something :stuck_out_tongue:

Hhaha!

Yep, you’re on to something. The OSMC support is almost done.
It also means that you’re not on the latest version, because I already removed that mousepointer.

regards,

What kind of issues?

The screen is not updating. The track info is frozen along with the progress bar. The buttons work but none of the info actually updates.

Can you send me feedback so I can have a look?

Feedback sent. Thanks!

a49fe53220e5d70e

Yeah. You’re bitten by the same problem that more users have: the zone to be controlled (Bedroom) is not detected, hence the screen.

Can you tell a little bit more about the output side? I see a Nuprime on USB. Is that one being used as DAC? And you have that one configured as zone/input in Roon?

Correct. The Pi is hooked up to a Nuprime IDA-8 which serves as both DAC and amp and is configured on roon.

Right now when it reboots each night it is booting to a blank screen with album art, text missing. Basically just a skeleton. If i restart or disable/enable the extension it will populate the data and the controls will work but the information just stays static.

@spockfish went ahead and bought a new SD card and flashed the latest image from your site. Still having the same issues with the touchscreen. IE the controls will work but none of the album info is updating.

Feedback is 5e9d0be4f4bb84e8

I see that you have both wireless enabled and ethernet connected.
Can you pull the plug or disable wifi?

Sorry. Must have done the feedback before i had finished setting up the wireless. THe wired is unplugged. Issue persists.

new feedback id a88519a97efbb26c

YEah. But you didn’t restart from what I see. So reboot the unit without cable plugged in. We really need to be sure only one interface is active.

After rebooting it i got the skeleton screen with just the icons and outline for the album art. Restarting the extension populated the info but it is still frozen after that.

e68a5c599014d684

Are you running ROCK?

I am not. I am running Roon server on Windows 10.