Stable release 3.020 (2020/12/16)

Hi @RickInHouston,

You’re running both units on the internal wifi, but both units report authentication timeouts and/or failures. Have you tried rebooting your wifi router?

Thanks

Hi @Antonio_Costa,

I would love to help, but this is not much information.

So what is ‘stopped working’? Can you reach the unit’s webpage? Is it visible in Roon?

If you can reach the webpage please send me feedback (you can find that on the ‘advanced’ tab of the web interface).

Thanks

They are both working wired now. The usbbridge wireless adapter that I was using (comfast cf-912ac) is no longer recognized (does not show up as a wireless interface). Do I need to install drivers manually?

You can not do that.

Do you have a link to that specific adaptor?

Thank you!

Yeah, this was ‘pure luck’ this device worked with the older kernel.

If you want to use an external USB dongle I suggest you pick another one.

That’s the same one I’ve been using. It’s what Allo sells with their DigiOne. It no longer works.

Sprockfish, I take it there’s a wireless device you can use to connect the ethernet from a pi to it and then it connects wirelessly to a router. What would you suggest? I’ll purchase today to get around this constant wifi issue and incompatability? How do you even know a USB wifi dongle is incompatible?

USB WiFi dongles and Linux are not an ideal combi, basically because most of these devices are equipped with a Realtek chipset. And Realtek is notorious in there lack of (proper) Linux support…

That being said: I have myself 3 devices that I use to test with and that I support:

• TP-Link Archer T4U
  • Edimax AC 600
  • RealTek RTL8192EU WLAN

For other devices it’s more of a “if it works it works” kinda way.

It would be awesome if there were Intel chipset based WiFi USB adapters, but I can’t find them.

Thanks

I went the WiFi extender with ethernet connection. One for each Allo DigiOne. Now, they are being ‘seen’ as wired. The WiFi from router to extender isn’t being stressed by any stretch. This should hold up for me. Time will tell.

Thanks for all you do, Spockfish

1 Like

Just a short recommendation. This USB Dongle works proper with my Pi4 :wink:

1 Like

…until it doesn’t…

That was my problem. No longer willing to chance it.

Hey @RickInHouston, which extender did you decide on? I’ve been doing the USB wifi adaptor shuffle for years and it’s tiring. They really do work until they don’t. Maybe you are onto a better way.

Was there any conclusion on the issues a few people had with this upgrade? I just ran the upgrade today and now I can’t find Ropieee in my router’s listed connected Ethernet devices. Running on RaspberryPi 3B+ with HifiBerry Digi+ HAT.

I can access the ropieeee web page and there it looks like a successful update. Slow green flash and a steady red on Raspberry Pi + simultaneousl blinks of green and orange light on the Ethernet connection on the Pi.

Have no clue what any of these mean.

Can’t access Ropieee web page via my laptop which is weird, only through my iPad. Sent feedback: a7a1e2e8f4113af6

Edit: I think it is a network issue I can’t figure out just yet. I fairly recently introduced a mesh network and it seems like this one is interfering somehow. Don’t understand how yet though, as no Ethernet cables for ROCK or Ropieee used are on that network. But noticed now when I changed my own network on the laptop to the mesh network, I could suddenly access the Ropieee web page. Checked the network the iPad was connected to, and it was the older network (where all audio things should be connected via Ethernet). Have no clue how that is possible, but I believe this is the culprit for my issues anyway.

I bought two Linksys RE6700s. They are slightly slower than RE7000 (yet, still gig ethernet connection), but have a larger range. My house is about 3000 square feet. They have been rock solid. I purchased these since I have a Linksys router EA9500.?. The guy told me TPLink is a more generic brand and would essentially do the same thing.

1 Like

Harry I finally got this all sorted out. It turned out to be a bad RPI 3 board. I ordered a new RPI 4 and installed it this morning and everything is back up and running. When I first booted the new device I received the same installation failed message and got worried. I downloaded a new copy of Etcher (a newer version had been available since last week) and reflashed an SD card and everything began working again. Just to be 100% sure I tried the working SD card in the older RPI 3 board and it still would not work. The new RPI 4 board with the Allo Boss DAC HAT is now installed and working just fine. I hate the word coincidence but the fact that it stopped working the day after the 3.020 update is just that. A coincidence. All good here now. Thanks again for all your help and advice.

1 Like

If you want to try your RPi3 again, I think you would probably need a fresh flash of your micro SD card.

Tried that. At least five times. No joy. I believe that the ethernet port on the RPI3 board failed. I can see the board lights blinking but it never boots to the network.

Updated a Pi2AES+Pi 3B+PiTouch setup that had been running an earlier release happily for several months, without any overheating issues. Since then, it’s been getting hotter and hotter, now 63.4℃ , which seems excessive. I just turned it off, I was worried about how fast it was rising. Anything I could do to try to understand the reason?

63 degrees is still not excessive.

Keep in mind that right after booting it is getting hotter as the unit is rather busy.
I would keep it running a little bit longer; I expect it will cool down.

Can you send me feedback? I can have a look if nothing weird is going on the unit, just to be sure.

Thanks

Hi All,

anyone using an Allo Digione signature with latest Ropieee?
I noticed one thing with the latest version that my Rpi leaves the signal active even if I stop the playback… meaning that my active speakers will not go to standby mode. This was working with previous version and my active speakers went to standby mode when I hit pause button (after 2 mins as they are setup).

Any ideas or suggestions I could do to try and fix this?

If I reboot the Rpi it will stop the signal and speakers will go into standby.

Thanks.

Br,
Toube