Stable release 3.066 (2021/01/31)

I have hats to but they worked ok.

Yeah then just forget about it and enjoy the music. :wink:

1 Like

Hi, I just updated Ropieee XL on my Allo USBridge Signature (Pi Compute Module) but it only took 2 mins and after a reboot the software version is showing as 3.063. Is this correct?

I think you’re on beta.

Thanks, I’ll give it try later today with wired ethernet. No danger in unplugging the power cable in its current mid-updatet state, then?

No it failed to download the updates properly.
I fixed this issue (dangling notification) in the update it tried to download :slight_smile:

Thanks, I changed th Stable for the updates and I now have 3.066

My RPi4 has updated correctly, but the RPi3 (with touchscreen) is still trying to update (an hour later). There are screenfuls of errors being displayed of the form error type 110 or error type 22. Do I need to reflash the SD card and start again? Thanks.

My 3 endpoints all were done in <5 minutes. I know there are going to be plenty of edge cases and things to clean up, but count me as one very very happy user. Many thanks.

I think it needs a reflash, but I would be very grateful if you can send me a picture.

Here you go…

Ok clear. You can give at attempt by a power cycle, but I’m afraid it’s busted.

Yup - tried that now, and got a “need to run fsck manually” message. So it’s reflash time… No worries.

BTW, I notice on the RPi4 web gui, there’s an update button by the USB firmware (00013701 currently). Need I / dare I push it?

Yeah there’s a new USB controller FW available. You can push it, risk is low (although the dialog says something else :wink: )

I am just using Audirvana+ on PC to stream to a Pi 4 with Pi2AES using RoPieeeXL.

OpenHome is disabled. Interestingly, Foobar2000 can still stream to RoPieeeXL, but Audirvana cannot any longer since the update to 3.066.

RoPieeeXL is found correctly by Audirvana+ and a few seconds of the music plays, but then it stops and cannot be played again until reboot.

Can you send me feedback?

1 Like

Of course, if you tell me how?

Since I want to stick with RoPieeeXL and Audirvana+ I’m glad to help wherever I can.

EDIT: Just found out how: bb27237e810cc556

Thanks for the update.

With support of bluetooth will I be able to connect a bluetooth dongle to the rpi3 and see it in roon and choose to stream to the HAT or bluetooth, will they show up separate?

Updating on ethernet worked. I had to re-enable the WiFi while attached to ethernet before it would connect independently, which is not too surprising given the WiFi changes in this version.

On boot, I do see an error:

proc: Bad value for ‘hidepid’

Even so, it boots fine and works on WiFi as before.

Thanks again.

That error can be ignored.