Stable release 3.066 (2021/01/31)

Perfect, thanks.

No. This functionality makes the Pi a bluetooth endpoint: has nothing to do with Roon.
So what you can do is stream audio from your phone (for example) to the Pi.

1 Like

Silly question…I have enabled bluetooth in the RoPieeeXL application and connected my iPhone 11 Pro Max by bluetooth. How do I get the iPhone to play to my Meridian Prime that is connected to the RPi4 by USB?

Even sillier question … where can I find the bluetooth settings in the web interface for RopieeeXL. I’m sure I’ve been through all the tabs, but I can’t find it anywhere.

if you selected USB as output on the bluetooth tab then you’re good to go.

I assume you have a Pi 4?

I already found an issue with the latest CPU revisions for the Pi 4. In that case it might be that your 4 is not recognized hence the menu does not show up.

I’m going to release an update shortly (within a few days) that addresses this.

2 Likes

Ah, I see the problem. I don’t appear to have a bluetooth tab …

Sorry, didn’t see your last answer before posting my response. I’ve only had the Pi 4 for a few weeks so that probably explains it. I’ll look out for the update.

UPDATE: You probably don’t need this, but here’s the info on my Pi 4 …

1 Like

I’ll try to push an update out for the weekend.

2 Likes

@spockfish

Have you been able to look at my feedback?

bb27237e810cc556

yes. there are numerous timeouts being reported which I cannot explain…

I’ve seen however that one of the components had a bug fix so I’m preparing that one so we can test.
At least on my DAC everything works as expected, but I’m also not using Audirvana which is known for it’s ‘sensitive’ UPnP implementation.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I also think it’s Audirvana’s “fault”, since it can’t connect to moOde as well. I will also give Volumio a try, but I want to use RoPieeeXL :grinning:

Maybe your feedback can contribute to a fix of Audirvana (3.020 worked, 3.066 not anymore, so what changed between versions and what can they change to make it work again). I have posted in their forum as well.

I’ve just pushed an update to the beta channel with some latest patches.
If you’re feeling adventurous you could give it a try :wink:

1 Like

Always in for things like that :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, no change of behavior. Two seconds playing the track, then stops.

EDIT: I just tried with Volumio, this works.

just to be sure: simple content? as in: 44.1k, 16 bit local file?

Nevermind. Saw in the logs that that’s exactly what you did :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Is there a way to download an older version of RoPieeeXL somewhere (3.020)?

I’d rather do that than to use Volumio :wink:

@econaut I’ve pushed out another update. Can you test?

My Raspberry Pi3 feeding a Meridian Director DAC via USB updated to 3.066 without issue.

My Raspberry Pi with HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro is at 2.566 with no update available. Is this release not intended for Pi’s with HAT’s?

My Allo USBridge Signature is working fine feeding a Mytek Brooklyn DAC but I’m embarrassed to admit I don’t know what the software version is because I can’t seem to find its IP address. Curious as I don’t see the Allo in my eero mesh router list of devices.

I’m impressed how trouble free Roon with RPi/Ropieee end points are. They just always work

Hi John,

The update is intended for all Pi’s, with or without HAT.

2.566 is relatively old, but that should not be a reason why it does not want to update.
Can you send me feedback? You can find that option on the ‘advanced’ tab.

Thanks

Just tested on 3.069 but same same.

Need to go to bed now, can do further testing tomorrow.

Thanks for your support!