Stable release 3.084 (2021/02/27)

News on what?

hi @JWC ,

I see there has been a patch out today to the kernel wrt to the DAC+ driver.
Now, it’s description is rather short, but we can give it a try. That would mean you need to switch to the beta channel.

Let me know if you’re up to this.

Thanks

Sure, I can probably give this a try tonight. Thanks.

I am having the same issue with my dac+. Updated and then wouldn’t boot. Reflashed and booted, but when I selected dac+, it got stuck on the boot up.

I’ve just pushed a new kernel to the beta channel (Pi 2 and 3). If you’re up to it and have a Pi 2/3 you could test that.

I updated to beta 3.086. The behavior seems unchanged: Pi still will not boot with the DAC+ hat installed (and the green light flashes at 10 Hz), but boots without the hat.

Hi Harry, Two of my three RoPieee Pi’s are at Rev. 3.066 and one is still showing 2.566.
All three are set to reboot at 3:04 AM with “On Boot” selected in the Update Schedule, and the Reboot Schedule set to “Daily”
I just manually rebooted the 2.566 Pi and nothing changed.
Aren’t updates supposed to happen automatically in the middle of the night when available?

@jwc and @Charles_Turner

Sorry for my silence these last days. My laptop died :frowning:

Anyways, I’ve ordered a DAC+ to test with as I only got the DAC2HD and that works without any issues.
I’ll have one tomorrow, so let’s see if I can figure out what’s going on.

Thanks

1 Like

I have updated to 3.084 my RPi4 and observe about every 30 seconds a drop-out for 1 to 2 seconds. No matter what audio source I choose (Radio, lokal files, Tidal). I never saw this before. I fixed it temporarily by enabling WiFi. Any hints/ideas?

My setup: RoPieee on RPi4 connected by USB to DAC and by LAN to Roon Core

Thanks

I would love to have some logs when that happens.

So switch back to cable, play some audio and when you have had drop-outs please send me feedback (which you can find on the ‘advanced’ tab).

Thanks

1 Like

@spockfish
Harry, I submitted feedback with ID dfbef63095f3b28e
At least 3 drop-outs after switch back to LAN and reboot.
Thanks for looking

now drop-outs with WiFi, too.
Feedback ID: 348de436dd8141d0
WiFi connection is reported as 150 Mbit/s by my AVM FritzBix 7590.
Thanks for looking.

@spockfish
Harry, I wanted to listen without drop-outs as before. So tried out the 3.086 beta version.
And I can report that the drop-outs are gone :sun_with_face:
Maybe you will find any reasons for that in my reports (feedbacks).

Thanks,
Henrik

My 2 cents, Ropieee update on Pi2 and DAC+ killed my system. Looking with hdmi attached it hangs on network (Cable o WiFi not recognized).

Any chance you can pull this release @spockfish ? I think you mentioned that possibility in an earlier message.

At the moment I can download the 31/01 release from your “latest” page but when I upgrade to XL I think it picks up 3.084, hence it dies on reboot.

Tried the latest beta 3.086 - also not working for me.

Drop-outs are back in 3.086 beta :frowning:

I discovered that a boot is good. It fixes the drop-outs for a while. I think this behavior, can help you to locate the error.
In addition I would like to have the option to go back to firmware 3.075. Do you provide way or old image for this?

Logs show you have dropouts on your network. I suggest you search in that direction. Maybe something changed in your infrastructure?

Sorry guys for those with a Hifiberry DAC+ that have issues with the latest RoPieee release.

I did not have such a device and on top of that this week my laptop died on me :confused:

Anyways, I do now have the device and have been able to do some testing. While in my test system the DAC+ works out of the box I’ve pushed an update to the beta channel that reverts the latest change to the Hifiberry driver.

@JWC are you willing to test this? Or someone else with a Hifiberry DAC+ and problems with the latest release? You need to be on beta.

Thanks

1 Like

I have also couple of days to struckle with that Hifiberry dac+ problem. I can confirm that updating with beta in boot fix it. Device is booting up without problems. Thanks!

1 Like

I updated to 3.087, but the Pi2 still does not boot with the hat installed. No boot issues without the hat. I’m not sure why mine is so special. Maybe I should reflash, then update to the beta 3.087 again…

[Update] It works now. I changed the Config to USB-only, rebooted, changed the Config back to DAC+, and now it works. Refreshing the Config might have reloaded the new driver from the 3.087 update.

Thanks @spockfish

1 Like