Starting Roon Takes Multiple Attempts on MacBook Pro Core (M1 Max)

It’s clear from this thread that Roon barely supports the new Apple silicon products, which is denying the future.

I have had great (but sometimes rough) experiences with Roon on my iMac and endpoints from Mytek and Oppo. I’ve been trying to move my Roon core to a new MacBook Pro with m1 max chip and it continues to crash. Also ran Roon bridge but endpoints don’t show up under Setting/Audio. What do I do now, as thread really hasn’t provided solutions.

You start your own Support thread. Your issues are not identical and Roon Support need a new thread in order to track your individual issues in your network environment and provide optimum support.

Update: network connection error on my end corrected and end points now appear under Audio and play nicely. Roon Bridge is running and starts on Launch.

Starting Roon on core still requires 2-3 attempts. I’ve checked and cross-off several of the above suggestions.

Hi @Stephen_Knox,

I hope you don’t mind that I broke this issue off into a dedicated topic thread so we can troubleshoot more directly. If you haven’t already, I suggest you try a manual refresh of the database (this is different than the RAATServer refresh you tried in the previous thread).

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the backup
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.