Static digital noise together with Dirac

Because of my vested interest in Dirac Live I was carefully watching this thread…
I’ve been impressed by how quickly and effectively the Roon team has addressed and solved the issue.
This confirms the positive comments I had read about Roon responsiveness to customer needs.

Excellent :smile:
Flavio

1 Like

Is there a way for Roon to convert DSD formats to work with Dirac? Has anyone tried this? How is the sound quality? Thanks.

Roon converts DSD to PCM for devices that can’t play DSD natively (including virtual devices like the DIRAC driver).

I am new to roon and have installed dirac. I am having the static noise problem when switching sample rates. I assume that I have build 16, because I am using version roon 1.1. Is thEre a solution for this on 1.1?

Are you using Windows or Mac OS? I had this issue with 1.0 with Yosemite 10.10.5, however since the update to 1.1 the static has gone , previously I had to quit Dirac and relaunch to solve.

I am using Windows as my core and Mac osx 10.10.4 for my client(player). It seems to be an intermittent problem only.