Static Noise/Pop with Bluesound Node's USB Output

I am experiencing the same issue, I have the latest Node and a Luxman DA06 DAC.

The USB input noticeably sounds superior compared to COAX, but pops and clicks only using Roon…native BluOS app plays fine.

I bought a lifetime subscription about a month ago and love it.

I’ve rebooted my core which is a desktop PC, router and Node still has pops and clicks.

Everything is hardwired.

Any other suggestions?

I am also also experiencing this issue.
Here’s my setup:
Roon MacBook Pro (M1)
Bluesound Node (N130)
(USB out to) RME ADI-2 DAC FS

After reading the comments, I got in touch with Bluesound support and they sent me a link to this page.

The problem persists.

Looks like I won’t be continuing with my Roon subscription, which is a shame.
Other than this issue, it’s a fantastic product.

Hi @Kenji_Hayashi, The USB issue appears to be a Bluesound problem? Should your enjoyment of Roon pay? Since BluOS doesn’t do DSD or high Rez above 192/24, try Spdif output. I was very happy with the performance.

Thanks for your suggestion, @RTaylor3rd!
Just purchased an optical cable after reading your suggestion.
Will follow up after I try it out!

Is this USB issue something that’s widely known?

For what it’s worth, I haven’t had any issues playing music streamed from Qobuz through BluOS with my setup (USB out from Bluesound Node to RME ADI-2 DAC FS). It’s just that I don’t enjoy BluOS’ interface.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hi @Kenji_Hayashi,

It is widely known. Please do let us know how things go with your optical cable bypass!

Wes

1 Like

same boat here, Roon Core on desktop pc win11, Node 130, remote on ipad, Denafrips Pontus 2 r2r dac. Through coax everything is fine but usb is totally worthless.

Follow-up to my earlier post: I switched from USB to Digital Coax (changed my mind about optical) and no more popping noise! Thank you for your suggestions, @RTaylor3rd and @Wes !
Looks like I’ll be purchasing a 12-mos subscription of Roon after all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.